Transfer Rumour Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it the first ten years of life that sows the seeds for what you will be, or the next ten?
Without forgetting the next five, spent in the place of your first ten ;)

I'm not sure, but it probably has something to do with MLS failing to spot his talent, and River having the grace to bring him in.

If this is true and the numbers are accurate, did we really need to bid a full €10 million higher than Chelsea bid? That's quite the jump. Couldn't we have just bid like €48 million or so and go from there?

I suppose it hardly matters. This price seems bonkers either way.

I'm not sure, but it probably has something to do with MLS failing to spot his talent, and River having the grace to bring him in.

I'm not sure either, but Dallas, MLS, Chelsea (tv show thing) and unfortunately, River Plates loss is our gain!
There's many examples of players that get missed though, we had Baines at youth level, he went to Wigan and we had to buy him again.
No better example than Pogba and Utd.

If this is true and the numbers are accurate, did we really need to bid a full €10 million higher than Chelsea bid? That's quite the jump. Couldn't we have just bid like €48 million or so and go from there?

I suppose it hardly matters. This price seems bonkers either way.

For someone that was at Genk a short while ago it's a lot of money. This is where Walsh will help I guess. Any team in the prem could look at whole Genk team and easily grab any player. They have produced some top players.

A few years back when we were skint I could understand people saying they'd prefer the money was spent on X, Y or Z, but nowadays if these figures are true (as well as the statements of ambitions we've heard recently) I don't quite get why anyone is bothered if we spend absurd money on a centreback. It's not your money and we've clearly got [Poor language removed] loads of it if these numbers are accurate.

Never seen this lad play or even heard of him until 2 weeks ago, but I welcome us spending a small country's GDP on him.

Love this bit.

"According to Sportitalia, Everton warned Napoli that a new proposal worth €55m (£46m) is on the way."

Everton are prepared to offer €55m for Kalidou Koulibaly, beating Chelsea’s €45m bid, as Napoli begin to wobble.

Sportitalia claim the Toffees are not going to stop their pursuit of the Senegal international.

The defender is the subject of a bidding war between Premier League sides Chelsea and Everton.

According to Sportitalia, Everton warned Napoli that a new proposal worth €55m (£46m) is on the way.

At that stage, the Partenopei would have to seriously consider accepting what the report states is an “absurd” sum.

If Koulibaly is sacrificed, then Napoli would turn back to old target Nikola Maksimovic of Torino.

Imagine the heads?

It may be an "absurd" sum, but it is still less than what we will get for Stones. How long have I waited for Everton to bid "absurd" sums of money for players??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back