Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pep has ruined him, publicly calling him overweight and basically saying he wasn't good enough. His confidence will have been on the floor which then followed him to West Ham. It's going to need an arm around his shoulder and try to build that confidence back up again.

Whether we do it or not is another matter. I kind of feel a bit sorry for the likes of Philips and Drinkwater, they got picked up by glamour sides after cracking seasons for smaller clubs🙄 and most people know it's for English quota purposes and their careers go down the pan.

Phillips situation is a lot different to Dele but not sure we need to be rebuilding two careers though.

I think Pep has ruined him, publicly calling him overweight and basically saying he wasn't good enough. His confidence will have been on the floor which then followed him to West Ham. It's going to need an arm around his shoulder and try to build that confidence back up again.

Whether we do it or not is another matter. I kind of feel a bit sorry for the likes of Philips and Drinkwater, they got picked up by glamour sides after cracking seasons for smaller clubs🙄 and most people know it's for English quota purposes and their careers go down the pan.

Phillips situation is a lot different to Dele but not sure we need to be rebuilding two careers though.
We did city a favour with Delph. I'd not feel to full of sorrow for Phillips as he's on city wages and isn't crushing his body weekly for the privilege. He'll take a cut price deal and pay off and end up somewhere next summer is my guess, needs a side that fits him, this city one isn't it.

We did city a favour with Delph. I'd not feel to full of sorrow for Phillips as he's on city wages and isn't crushing his body weekly for the privilege. He'll take a cut price deal and pay off and end up somewhere next summer is my guess, needs a side that fits him, this city one isn't it.
Why does money have to come into it. Confidence isn't based around how much you earn. He made a bad career choice thinking he was going to play a lot for City and gets publicly humiliated by his manager, wages have nothing to do with it.

Delph is completely irrelevant to this situation.

Why does money have to come into it. Confidence isn't based around how much you earn. He made a bad career choice thinking he was going to play a lot for City and gets publicly humiliated by his manager, wages have nothing to do with it.

Delph is completely irrelevant to this situation.
top wages whilst lengthening his career, he'll have the last laugh. I don't blame any of em taking all the cash they can. It's a long time in retirement.

£120k p/w
IMG_4568.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.