Transfer Rumour Keane Lewis-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
not too bothered to be honest. Yes probably a great talent, but not one we can expect to be a key player next season. Similar to Richarlison when he joined/Gordon last season: you can have great talent but you need a few years to really become a key performer in the Premier League.

not too bothered to be honest. Yes probably a great talent, but not one we can expect to be a key player next season. Similar to Richarlison when he joined/Gordon last season: you can have great talent but you need a few years to really become a key performer in the Premier League.

Well said. I don't think we're in the position as a club to take the risk on KLP or likewise players because of the season we've just endured. We need a proven player in the position KLP plays in, and like you've said, it generally takes a few years to become a key performer in the Premier League. Some folk will dress this up as us "missing out" to Brentford and I don't think that's a fair assessment.

True. When Richy goes we will up our 2.5 mill up front to 5 mill.
I know we mocked that reported approach, but it doesn’t seem that unusual to to offer a small amount up front followed by further payments rising to a more substantial amount on completion.
Given our situation spreading payments for a promising but still young championship player seems common sense.
In negotiations for players it is surely good practice to go in low on your first offer?
After all we complain when we seemingly overpay so it seems slightly churlish to complain that our opening offer is too low.
If he ends up at Brentford perhaps he isn’t as good as we all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.