Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this link works. Bit long but well worth a read regarding our new director

http://twohundredpercent.net/can-we-really-trust-the-football-men/

To be honest, I can shorten that a bit.

Harris deals in debt and, certainly in this country, debt drives football clubs but isn't in itself evil, it's how it's setup that matters.

Successful ( or otherwise ) businessmen are ruthless and don't take prisoners. If you happen to be sailing in the same direction as them then the chances are you'll do well out of it.

If we added 2 further board members then we would have 8 on the assumption Kenwright and Elstone are not going anywhere in the short-term at least though Woods might go. I wonder what the average is for other clubs and what they will all find to do? It becomes a committee and not a board with that number of bodies.

What is your opinion on Kenwright & Elstone on the board in the longer-term?

I too do not expect JW to continue beyond when his options are exercised. I'm not expecting Elstone to last very much longer as CEO either. Whether Denise is marked as his replacement I'm not certain.

BK may well stay but I'd hope in an honorary capacity possibly as Life President.

That leaves vacancies for perhaps 2 new directors one in the role of Chairman.

If we project forward 12 months JW & RE are unlikely to still be on the board, and we'll have a new Chairman.

;)
To be honest, I can shorten that a bit.

Harris deals in debt and, certainly in this country, debt drives football clubs but isn't in itself evil, it's how it's setup that matters.

Successful ( or otherwise ) businessmen are ruthless and don't take prisoners. If you happen to be sailing in the same direction as them then the chances are you'll do well out of it.
Sorry woolly, he comes across as an odious, unscrupulous chancer- or is that a less polite simplification of your simplification?

;)
Sorry woolly, he comes across as an odious, unscrupulous chancer- or is that a less polite simplification of your simplification?

Oh no, I agree with that, but show me any successful large'ish businesses which aren't running with an odious unscrupulous chancer in it and I'll show you a fairly unusual business.

There are businesses around which are run by philanthropic folk, but they're the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited:

I too do not expect JW to continue beyond when his options are exercised. I'm not expecting Elstone to last very much longer as CEO either. Whether Denise is marked as his replacement I'm not certain.

BK may well stay but I'd hope in an honorary capacity possibly as Life President.

That leaves vacancies for perhaps 2 new directors one in the role of Chairman.

If we project forward 12 months JW & RE are unlikely to still be on the board, and we'll have a new Chairman.
JW - agree
RE - think his chance to redeem himself was dented this summer working alongside BK on transfers
DBB- has no background of being a CEO other than RE's deputy for the last 3 years, so does she have the skill-set and/or experience. Don't know.
AR- FM's eyes and ears. Background is corporate finance and capital, which makes KH appointment all the more strange if he has been appointed for his financial expertise.
KH - as stated, strange one.
BK - probably on the board for a year or two, but not necessarily as chairman.
Ramblings of an old fool.

My take on it

oiZ6a4I.gif

Ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back