Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
His achievements in the positions he has attained do not stand up to much scrutiny in my opinion.

As @Woolly Blue has said he talks a great game but not matched by achievements.
I acknowledge he's a mixed bag. He failed, for years, to find Newcastle or us investment but does seem to have been involved in attracting Moshiri.
He's was part of a tv rights fiasco as league chairman but also a factor in the Abramovich and Lerner investments. (I know Lerner went to s**t)
He's extremely well known in the upper echelons of the game with many very rich contacts. I'm sure he'll use them in an attempt to garner financing for a new stadium. He may fail but we've a better chance with him than without imo.

Not sure why we'd want him as director. Does even know anything about football?

v2-9-Orville.jpg

What I can't get my head round is within football circles, Everton ARE being taken a lot more seriously.
I know for a fact the club were throwing big money around in the summer and clearly it was enough to get Koeman and Walsh away from attractive , stable jobs .

Some of the new regime does strike me as odd but then other aspects are progressive and modern in terms of where the club was .

Tough one to call in my eyes. Stadium looks like the deal breaker.

What I can't get my head round is within football circles, Everton ARE being taken a lot more seriously.

True, and we have Koeman's name mostly to thank for that.

It's a small observation, but quite telling: The Guardian's regular 10 things to look out for this weekend and 10 things we learnt from this weekend traditionally ignored focus on Everton but this season we've often got the nod over whoever our opposition is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back