Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duno yeno..... Bill just faked a illness, terminal 1 at that.... what a piece of sh*t he is. A pure cancer at this club.

I don't wish him dead, but the sooner he is, the better for Everton FC. we will Finaly be able to move on from his dark shadow.....
Even if you think that, I'd rather you kept it to yourself. don't think it has a place on a public and prominent Everton forum.

I'm certainly no proKenwright, & I've met the man.

What the royal f... is this about?

This is the biggest crime Kenwright will have ever committed to our club - inviting another fecking crony onto the Everton Golf Club board to wine and dine at MY EXPENSE - what a cretin Bill is.

Even if you think that, I'd rather you kept it to yourself. don't think it has a place on a public and prominent Everton forum.

I'm certainly no proKenwright, & I've met the man.

Sorry it if offends you. but I believe it 100% and as it's a free speech forum I will say it when I feel appropriate.

Duno yeno..... Bill just faked a illness, terminal 1 at that.... what a piece of sh*t he is. A pure cancer at this club.

I don't wish him dead, but the sooner he is, the better for Everton FC. we will Finaly be able to move on from his dark shadow.....
I'm not a fan of Kenwright and the sooner he is out of this club the better. But this post is so wrong in every way.

You may not know anybody who had been through a serious and life threatening illness and survived, but I'm sure many on here do. And to say so openly that you want somebody to die for the good of the club is just so wrong. And to call him a cancer is insulting to many people on here who have loved ones serious ill with cancer, or may even be seriously ill themselves.

I'm not a fan of Kenwright and the sooner he is out of this club the better. But this post is so wrong in every way.

You may not know anybody who had been through a serious and life threatening illness and survived, but I'm sure many on here do. And to say so openly that you want somebody to die for the good of the club is just so wrong. And to call him a cancer is insulting to many people on here who have loved ones serious ill with cancer, or may even be seriously ill themselves.

Won't get to far in to it..... but my step dad died of secondary cancer we watched him pass away in front of our eyes. very difficult time for our family. so to have a piece of [Poor language removed] like Kenwright pretend to be terminally ill just to get us off his back is a massive insult to mself and many other family's affected by this. The man's an actor by trade..... it showed he's not lost his touch.

Last edited:
One thing's for sure, Harris has the gift of the gab !

He also has a pretty mixed CV, he's done some good stuff, but he's been responsible for a fair few pups too.Hopefully his time at Everton in his new official capacity will be one of his good projects.

Time will tell.
Just because he has some big names on his CV doesn't mean he's done well there. Don't know much about the guy personally but I wouldn't pay too much notice to CVs. Especially at his level in business when very often they get moved on with big pay offs when they've cocked up rather than cause any embarrassment to the company.

I also acknowledge that a new board member may well be appointed in future but I'm now confident that it won't be David Dein as that doesn't seem to be the 'level' this very welcome club overhaul is finding. 19 Jul 2016
It was obvious to me months ago that we weren't getting Dein. The Moshiri investment has been dramatically oversold with fantastic rumours the overwhelming majority of which have proven to be false.
The wholly unrealistic expectations created have helped to generate disappointment from some for the actual welcome changes that have happened.
Harris has had failures and deserving detractors but he's in a totally different league to someone like Ryazantsev who no one ever heard of before.
Harris has many contacts with financial heavy hitters, has been chief exec of HSBC and Chairman of the football league.
His appointment only increases the chances of finding financial backing for a new stadium which I'm sure will be challenging.

Just because he has some big names on his CV doesn't mean he's done well there. Don't know much about the guy personally but I wouldn't pay too much notice to CVs. Especially at his level in business when very often they get moved on with big pay offs when they've cocked up rather than cause any embarrassment to the company.

His achievements in the positions he has attained do not stand up to much scrutiny in my opinion.

As @Woolly Blue has said he talks a great game but not matched by achievements.

His achievements in the positions he has attained do not stand up to much scrutiny in my opinion.

As @Woolly Blue has said he talks a great game but not matched by achievements.

He's nowhere near as awful an appointment as some as making out, but from what I know of him ( and I don't really move in such exulted circles ) I'd say he's on the mediocre side of average.

Stadium announcement just around the corner mate, and you'll see new board members after the options are exercised.

If we added 2 further board members then we would have 8 on the assumption Kenwright and Elstone are not going anywhere in the short-term at least though Woods might go. I wonder what the average is for other clubs and what they will all find to do? It becomes a committee and not a board with that number of bodies.

What is your opinion on Kenwright & Elstone on the board in the longer-term?

I thought initially that Kenwright would be made Life President or something but with a new stadium in the offing he will want to be front and centre in everything that goes on. Of that there is absolutely no doubt. People have different opinions on him but as he was/is central to so many failings and disappointments, you wonder what value there is to the bigger project in keeping him on. I hope there isn't some gentleman's agreement to keep him as chairman indefinitely.

A new face would be beneficial on so many levels. The biggest argument that people have in making the point that genuine change is not afoot (and I'm firmly in the pro-Moshiri camp) is that Kenwright and Elstone are not only still there, but apparently stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back