Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
By which yardstick do you rate him incompetent? I assume you are a businessman yourself and know about such matters to make that sort of criticism. We can have an opinion on any player based on what we can see and we can argue about it. But I would guess you are like me in that you do not have a flying clue about how a club like EFC is run and what happens in the boardroom. Opinions, have them yes, but base them on what you know rather than on nothing at all.

By which yardstick do you rate him incompetent? I assume you are a businessman yourself and know about such matters to make that sort of criticism. We can have an opinion on any player based on what we can see and we can argue about it. But I would guess you are like me in that you do not have a flying clue about how a club like EFC is run and what happens in the boardroom. Opinions, have them yes, but base them on what you know rather than on nothing at all.

Who are you talking to mate?

Have called him Jim Jones in the past because I'm convinced there's people out there who are brainwashed to the extent that if he decided to fold the club up into non-existence they'd go along with it.

He sounds like a friendly man with a heart of gold and that's brilliant traits to have a person. It shouldn't mean though that you keep getting unwavering support over something where you're clearly inept and overseen so many disasters.

Everton Football Club, if we're ever to win things again, needs to see the back of him completely.

Perhaps our cousins over the park could make the same criticism about their chairmen? They never win anything either. I don't follow their problems but have never heard their hierarchy being slagged off. perhaps it is an Everton thing?

I just go on him repeatedly lying to Evertonians for his own gain, but thats just me.

We will find how how big an evertonian he is now hes made his near £100m from everton after investing not a penny of his own money.

ALL criticisms of Bill stem from the fact that he does not have the personal wealth that is required for owner/chairman of a top club.
Why are people so keen to see Usmanov take over? Because of his in depth football knowledge and love of Everton? Of course not.
If Bill Kenwright had Usmanov's personal wealth he would be the ideal man to take the club forward. Unfortunately he doesn't so he isn't.
I believe Kenwright has done what he can with the funds at his disposal. The time has come for him to go. We know that and he knows that.
When he does go I wish him nothing but well.

Perhaps our cousins over the park could make the same criticism about their chairmen? They never win anything either. I don't follow their problems but have never heard their hierarchy being slagged off. perhaps it is an Everton thing?

They do. Every time they lose s game they’re on the phone ins for FSG out despite them delivering a league cup, a stadium expansion, a title challenge, Jurgen Klopp and champions league football in 6 years. Kenwright delivers 20 years of relegation battles and people are still piping down anyone who suggests he’s a poor owner.

As usual we have disgraceful and unfair criticism from the usual crew of ignoramuses unfortunately resident on most online fan sites. A man with Everton engrained on his heart and with only the club's welfare in mind. A great servant of EFC. Go crawl back under your rocks if you don't have anything decent to say of this fine Evertonian.
The state of that.

Continuous failure and lies is why I rate him incompetent. But, hey, what do I know?

IMO seems to have the clubs interests at heart

But - I believe been Chairman for too long , too many promises not fulfilled , too many question marks over the management team assembled - applies to a number of leaders in sport or politics who have tried the best they can which in our case has not fulfiled the clubs true potential , but hangs onto power well past their sell by date ?

I don't dislike the man but when we judge him on club success it doesn't make for good reading. I'd attribute our stabalisation to Moyes, Kenwright gets credit for it but he never gave Moyes a lot of money and frequently sold our best players over the years so how can anyone rightfully say Bill saved us. He got lucky that Moyes was able to do the job he done on a shoestring budget.

Look at our terrible sponsorship deals over the years. How many failed stadium moves? How many trophies? We've been in more relegation scraps than champions league posistions in 20 odd years. He never had the know how or investment to take us forward, he hired his incompetent and dodgy buddies and wouldn't relinquish the trainset. It's well known he turned down Man City's owners before they bought City because they weren't prepared to let him remain involved. He sold off all of our assets even the Goodison carpark.

When Moyes left I think he realised that the damage done over the years was going to take us down, the cracks were starting to show and that's why I think he eventually brought an investor in as his ego won't allow him to be the man that brought us down and what we are seeing now is the teething problems for a new owner on the back of 20 plus years of mismanagement coming back to bite us in the arse. Doesnt help that the old guard are still bumbling around either. Luckily Moshiri has the money to get us through it and luckily Bill will be on his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back