Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
By which yardstick do you rate him incompetent? I assume you are a businessman yourself and know about such matters to make that sort of criticism. We can have an opinion on any player based on what we can see and we can argue about it. But I would guess you are like me in that you do not have a flying clue about how a club like EFC is run and what happens in the boardroom. Opinions, have them yes, but base them on what you know rather than on nothing at all.
The fans opinions of any club are based on what they see put before them mate.

Unfortunately what`ve seen under Kenwight , by and large is a whole lot of nothing. ( that`s being kind too )

ALL criticisms of Bill stem from the fact that he does not have the personal wealth that is required for owner/chairman of a top club.
Why are people so keen to see Usmanov take over? Because of his in depth football knowledge and love of Everton? Of course not.
If Bill Kenwright had Usmanov's personal wealth he would be the ideal man to take the club forward. Unfortunately he doesn't so he isn't.
I believe Kenwright has done what he can with the funds at his disposal. The time has come for him to go. We know that and he knows that.
When he does go I wish him nothing but well.
I’ll get the pomagne ready meself :bye:

It's time he left and took Elstone with him.
I don't have strong feelings against him but even if things had been more successful under his chairmanship, it's past time to step aside and let Moshiri get on with things with his own people and out of Bill's shadow.

I don't doubt his love for the club and the great community work. He took over as Chairman and brought stability and continuity.

But equally he was evasive and contemptuous of fans at times for wanting better.

There were also the failed stadium moves and in my opinion just a general sense that he didn't push hard enough for success and improvement. The whole Fortress Sports Fund thing was particularly bizarre and embarrassing. He largely accepted the status quo that saw us consolidate as an also-ran.

He has had more than a decent innings and does not need to worry that he is anything other than a significant person in the clubs history.

There are at least 2 periods where our situation was worse, I therefore suggest the chairmen during those times of relegation were worse.
However apart from getting rid of Johnson, not sure there’s any plus points either

Logged on seen Kenwright leaving rumour being discussed hoping for something positive.....nope it’s people praising him:rant:
It is not really praise, it is just giving him some credit. Better than slagging off a decent man who I am sure did his best with the cards he was dealt with.
I have just found out how to quote. genius that's me

Is this real life? There’s lids trolling Everton fans on one thread because the FA couldn’t prove that Firmino was guilty or innocent and now we have people claiming Kenwright doesn’t deserve criticism?

I want to get off the planet.

Not one person has said he doesn't deserve any criticism.

Some will say that he doesn't deserve the amount he gets, and I am one of them.

You would think we were in the conference the way some people act.

But this would be saying that the whole fanbase dislikes him etc. This is simply not true. It's very split.
There have been lots of errors and missed opportunities. Some he has to shoulder the blame for, not least KD. However, I do believe the man wants the best for Everton, not himself. When it comes to it, in the modern PL he just wasn't rich enough. We are lucky we didn't end up like Leeds. It was close a number of times.

Perhaps our cousins over the park could make the same criticism about their chairmen? They never win anything either. I don't follow their problems but have never heard their hierarchy being slagged off. perhaps it is an Everton thing?
They are always slagging fsg

Elstone needs to go more than anyone. The man revels in our mediocrity, he sees ambition as an affront. Every word out of his mouth about Everton is either dumbing is down or placing a caveat on any minor good news we might have. Imagine the CEO of any other company talking his own product down. He’s an embarrassment who should have been fired years ago. That Elstone out banner should have been hung every match.

Im not quite sure what more Bill could have done personally.

Sure hes made mistakes and I will state im not a fan of him at all, but I think we have unrealistic ambition as fans.

Prior to Moshiri we had an owner who was utterly skint, he got very lucky with Moyes and Rooney, but he kept us in the Premier League all through some of our darkest years. I really think people overlook just how hard it is to stay in this league whilst spending utter buttons.

The Kings Dock was a joke, the Tesco Megadome an even bigger joke, but he at least "tried", its so hard when you have no money and no ability to get money, we were a Premier League club and the banks were basically trying to bankrupt us, we went almost 2 years without signing a first team player, some dark, dark times that I think we as fans just forget about, demanding "they" do this, "they" do that.

We now have a very wealthy owner, sure hes not the richest in the league, hell even some fat bird in Southampton whos Daddy died has been left with more money, but he has "enough" and more importantly he has access to unfound wealth, some of which hes already spent on the team, but Moshiri hasnt been "lucky", he hasnt been given a Moyes or a Rooney, yet, sure some of it isnt luck, hes not a football expert, hes just a fella whos made a few mistakes, mistakes that will cost HIM, cos its mostly his money we have spent the last 18months spunking up the wall.

So yeah, a little bit of realism is needed from the fanbase on the main, in 1985 we were the biggest and best club in the world for me, certainly top 3!!!! But now we are "the best of the rest" a title we have held for the last 10 years or so, we need at some point to kick on, but its REALLY, REALLY not going to be easy "throw money at Fonseca" "buy Leon Bailey" "buy Draxler" "buy Icardi", look you people tink mans is playing FM.

Anyway, im sure most wont even read that, but hes the Tl:DR

GET WOKE YOU FOOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back