Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
That badge brought us Success! Kind of...

Yeah "We" wanted Martinez out. And look where we are now. Big Sam in charge and everybody hating everything everywhere.

There is a difference between wanting success and demanding it now whilst stamping your feet about it.

Every club and supporter in world football wants success. It's not as simple as just going out and getting it.

No ones demanding it now, I just think after 20 years of having a think about it the board might have come up with a better modus operandi than do nothing and hope we stay in the league. Every single one of our historical peers has made plans for success. We’ve done nothing.

Is this real life? There’s lids trolling Everton fans on one thread because the FA couldn’t prove that Firmino was guilty or innocent and now we have people claiming Kenwright doesn’t deserve criticism?

I want to get off the planet.
It isn't saying he doesn't deserve criticism , as long as the criticism is balanced.
Some of it is just a rant taking no regard for any progress the club made in his tenure.
Some things he did very badly, other things he did well. At all times I believe he tried to do the best he could but as club chairmen go he was a pauper.

He has lied to supporters numerous times with ludicrous public statements ("the money will be in the bank in the morning, Goodison will lose it's safety certificate, I'll never sell Rooney, Arteta wasn't sold to pay back the banks, etc) scrapped AGMs to avoid answering for failures, demanded the local media refuse to cover a protest group (that is a proven fact evidenced in those leaked emails), sold the club's best players for less than their worth, let Moyes walk out the door to join United for nothing, entrusted the most important commercial position at the club, CEO, to a complete idiot in Elstone, assett stripped the club whilst investing nothing and just recently personally handed a contract to a multiple time drug-failure player whilst other kids who live the life and worked hard for years were told to get lost and find other clubs.

The day this man got a standing ovation at Goodison I felt like jacking being an Everton supporter in.

One or two things you could legitimately have a go at him with combined with a lot of nonsense.

I have bolded them for you for reference sake.

Would take ages to go over this but Rooney and Moyes both wanted to go, they both forced his hand regardless. The Baxter thing (I assume that's who you are referring to) there is nothing wrong with at all. People get second chances, what do you want him to do just let him rot?

And sorry but the sold the clubs best players for less than their worth is absolute garbage. We are known for getting over the odds for our players generally and not letting clubs just wander in and take them off us without a fight.

No ones demanding it now, I just think after 20 years of having a think about it the board might have come up with a better modus operandi than do nothing and hope we stay in the league. Every single one of our historical peers has made plans for success. We’ve done nothing.

We have been regular European qualifiers under Kenwright.

Every single one of our historical peers? Like Villa? Leeds? How about Blackburn? Ok not a peer as such but they had a dream. Look at them now.

I am sure they did have a plan or two. Again though, its not that easy. If it was we would all be doing it.

We have been regular European qualifiers under Kenwright.

Every single one of our historical peers? Like Villa? Leeds? How about Blackburn? Ok not a peer as such but they had a dream. Look at them now.

I am sure they did have a plan or two. Again though, its not that easy. If it was we would all be doing it.

We have been European qualifiers under Moyes. Let’s have that straight. Kenwright picked Moyes fair play to him but as soon as he went look how quickly we slipped into the abyss. Moyes gave the board a decade of stability, tv income, built the scouting network and academy and what did the board do in that time? Nothing. Not one bit of progress on a stadium, not one bit of progress on investment, not so much as a coat of paint at Goodison. In fact during booming tv revenues they were still selling our best players and leading Finch Farm. Look I like Bill as a bloke but he should have been looking to sell the club as soon as he acquired it from Johnson. Instead he’s taken 20 years to sell half of it.

We have been European qualifiers under Moyes. Let’s have that straight. Kenwright picked Moyes fair play to him but as soon as he went look how quickly we slipped into the abyss. Moyes gave the board a decade of stability, tv income, built the scouting network and academy and what did the board do in that time? Nothing. Not one bit of progress on a stadium, not one bit of progress on investment, not so much as a coat of paint at Goodison. In fact during booming tv revenues they were still selling our best players and leading Finch Farm. Look I like Bill as a bloke but he should have been looking to sell the club as soon as he acquired it from Johnson. Instead he’s taken 20 years to sell half of it.
We came 5th and the next year won the hardest group in the Europa at a canter and were a bit unfortunate. We have since qualified under koeman and probably will do again this year.

Plus Spurs and City are now far superior so the margin of error is less.

Moyes kept us were we should be although I do take your point that the club wasn't the laughing stock it is now.

Post of the day.

Have a gold star sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back