Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
But thats a prime example of the fans voice being heard, I mean most fans voted for it!!!!!

Then a group was formed to prevent the move happening that on the main got nothing but abuse.
Of the 36,000 who got the opportunity to vote, 15,000 said yes.
the other 21,000 didn't say yes.

The clappers created some sort of halo over Bill so that he was still seen as a saint and a saviour by many thousands of of our fans, even when he tried to move our team out of our city, and hand the keys over to the reds.

I'll forever be grateful to KEIOC for helping us avoid would have been the darkest time in our history with the soul and heritage ripped out of our club. And I'll forever be sad that so many of our fans in facilitated Billy Liars systematic attempts to lower expectations to nothing more than mere PL survival, and his egotistical attempts to retain control at whatever costs. Even at the expense of remaining in Liverpool.

In the meantime, he needs to go as do all his allies on the board. I don't know if Moshiri is the answer but we won't find out for sure till Bill's influence is entirely removed.

And it was because of some fans that we had that monstrosity to begin with.

That monstrosity of a badge was all Elstone's doing, how he's still employed by the club after that fiasco makes me sick.

A close relative of mine worked in JD in the city centre during that time. In 2012, before JD sold official Everton merchandise, loads of fake football stuff came in on a delivery, the sort of fake stuff you see sold Turkish markets, that they couldn't sell on the shop floor so it was just thrown in the storeroom instead. Amongst it was some Everton gear with that badge on it. My relative laughed at the state of it at the time. Then a year or so later that exact thing came out as our new official club badge and he couldn't believe it. I howled when he told me about this. On my mother's life that is 100% true.

That design was clearly knocked up by someone in 5 minutes and was knocking around before Elstone saw it and thought "that crappy thing will do" for our new official crest. I remember at the time the club put up interviews up on the website with a "graphic designer" where he explained how the badge took months to design with careful consideration and dialogue with the fans was taken throughout the process. Utter bull.

Elstone is a worm and the man who hired him and gave him all his power is Kenwright. Another black Mark on his tenure as chairman.

I have heard via an informed type (a local MP who is a lifelong blue) that Bill will step away at the end of the season, health issues aside it seems there was always a plan for his departure. I see both sides of the argument with Bill, you can't doubt his passion and there have been moments like the funerals of Kendall and Young or our response to Hillsborough, when he's done and said exactly the right thing and there's been initiatives like EITC that have made me proud to be a blue. The flip side is well enough documented, but when you look around football and some of the people who have and do run clubs I get the feeling it could've been worse.

The one major concern I have for the future is keeping my breakfast down when all the plaudits and tributes start rolling in once his retirement is formally announced.

Sometimes I think the worst thing to do is asking fans.

Look at the recent badge fiasco.
If you mean the play school badge, that was because they fixed what wasn't broken and then had to ask the fans after an uproar...if not, there is always a chance that we give them a stadium like the car design Homer did for his half brother.

I have heard via an informed type (a local MP who is a lifelong blue) that Bill will step away at the end of the season, health issues aside it seems there was always a plan for his departure. I see both sides of the argument with Bill, you can't doubt his passion and there have been moments like the funerals of Kendall and Young or our response to Hillsborough, when he's done and said exactly the right thing and there's been initiatives like EITC that have made me proud to be a blue. The flip side is well enough documented, but when you look around football and some of the people who have and do run clubs I get the feeling it could've been worse.

The one major concern I have for the future is keeping my breakfast down when all the plaudits and tributes start rolling in once his retirement is formally announced.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Bill Kenwright leaving will be like winning a league title imo.

Open top bus around the Street of Kirkby and onto the Kings dock showing, allowing for all to see his greatest ever f ups, take it down to Green’s HQ in London and even fly over to the BV islands to truly get a feel for what’s he’s done for the club.

The clappers created some sort of halo over Bill so that he was still seen as a saint and a saviour by many thousands of of our fans, even when he tried to move our team out of our city, and hand the keys over to the reds.

I'll forever be grateful to KEIOC for helping us avoid would have been the darkest time in our history with the soul and heritage ripped out of our club. And I'll forever be sad that so many of our fans in facilitated Billy Liars systematic attempts to lower expectations to nothing more than mere PL survival, and his egotistical attempts to retain control at whatever costs. Even at the expense of remaining in Liverpool.

In the meantime, he needs to go as do all his allies on the board. I don't know if Moshiri is the answer but we won't find out for sure till Bill's influence is entirely removed.

Great post Tim.

His ego was always more important to him than Everton itself.

I do truly believe if you liked Bill Kenwright you either didn’t have the mental capacity to understand cold hard facts or you had an agenda.

Like yer man Papa Shango.

Great post Tim.

I do truly believe if you liked Bill Kenwright you either didn’t have the mental capacity to understand cold hard facts or you had an agenda.

Mate, I am far from stupid.

What possible agenda could I have? I have never said he was great. I just think some of the vitriol is well out of order.

Mate, I am far from stupid.

What possible agenda could I have? I have never said he was great. I just think some of the vitriol is well out of order.

Didn’t say you was stupid you were under the line of agenda ridden.

Plenty of agendas possible, the lads who ran Bluekipper had an agenda for example, you may be one of them?

Didn’t say you was stupid you were under the line of agenda ridden.

Plenty of agendas possible, the lads who ran Bluekipper had an agenda for example you may be one of them?

I have no idea what you are on about there but I was not a bluekipper fan. Not big on the "bantz" stuff they did.

I just don't think he is nearly as bad as people make out and has actually done some stuff to be proud of for the club. He has been a pretty average chairman for me.

I have no idea what you are on about there but I was not a bluekipper fan. Not big on the "bantz" stuff they did.

I just don't think he is nearly as bad as people make out and has actually done some stuff to be proud of for the club. He has been a pretty average chairman for me.

Bed now.

Great post Tim.

Quite right I think, sees himself sitting up where John Moores sat, even similar glasses on nose and white hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back