Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you not remember Everton on the pitch under Johnson?!
I can and least there was a trophy and a bit of fight in us at times!

Compared to now, this season especially, is this not as bad as both johnson eras and specifically walter smith? All the hammering we have had, terrible performances etc

I would argue on the pitch with such a higher wage bill and so much money spent to go backwards it is worse off. When we were skint there was an excuse, now there isn't really.

Only saying this because kenwright was literally in charge of transfers for the past 18 months. Not loosely connecting him, he dealt with it all

Usmanov has already made a few bob from Moshiris shares...

Apparently Aliko Dangote wants Usmanov's Arsenal shares

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliko...ack_Wenger_If_He_Successfully_Buys_Arsenal-20

Interesting link, but it says he would want a controlling stake.

But no doubt theres a hedge fund or someone who would be interested in 30% of Arsenal, even without a controlling interest, as you say theres already a profit showing for "USM" on the original Arsenal purchase.

Usmanov moved into the football arena in August 2007 by acquiring a 14.58-percent stake in the English football team Arsenal. He and his business partner Farhad Moshiri bought the stake in the club owned by former Arsenal vice-chairman David Deinfor £75 million.

As we know that 15% was "sold" by Moshiri for 200m and ive seen figures of around 450m quoted as the "worth" of the full 30%, not a bad return.

AS far as im aware, nobody really knows what the terms are regarding the share options?

Maybe it was a time limit, March 2018 would be just over 2 years since "the takeover"
I actually read somewhere that they'd agreed a two year "bed in" period and Bill stayed to help Moshiri get to grips with running the club etc. Fat lot of help it's been like.

Edit. That rumour was prob tosh but it's the sort of stuff going around the past few months so there must be legs in the rumour he's off at least

Question is: If this is true, does Blue Bill leave the club in a better or worse state than when he took over?

A hell of a lot better. The wolves were permanently at the door when he/ True Blue Holdings took over.

There's a lot of stories and allegations about things BK could have done better and how he let his ego come before the club but there's no doubting we're in a far, far better condition. Look at Leeds, Villa, Sheff Weds or even Citeh's slide to League 1 for what a truly badly ran club looks like.

I actually read somewhere that they'd agreed a two year "bed in" period and Bill stayed to help Moshir get to grips with running the club etc. Fat lot of help it's been like.

Its been a mess, but hopefully things change, with the change, if true of course.

Im not saying that to bash Bill, im not his biggest fan, but clearly the club needs to change, from the very top to the bottom, maybe a new set of eyes, new focus will help things, maybe it wont, but staying the same cant be an option.

I'm more concerned about the vacuum left should Kenwright resigns. There has to be a mechanism in place to retain Everton's traditions and values. Otherwise the club will turn into a soulless mess.

Last edited:

alisher-usmanov_1918841b.jpg
I bet he’s got a vial of polonium for Kenwright in his pocket there. Snide

This would leave us with the prospect of Moshiri, having sole control of the club.Kenwright has his flaws for sure.But i find the prospect of Moshiri having sole ownership of this club, to be a bit worrying.

Its been a mess, but hopefully things change, with the change, if true of course.

Im not saying that to bash Bill, im not his biggest fan, but clearly the club needs to change, from the very top to the bottom, maybe a new set of eyes, new focus will help things, maybe it wont, but staying the same cant be an option.
Dein should be our priority mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.