Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

One of those coincidental things how he came to us on loan but it was an absolute match made in heaven. He and Franny Jeffers formed a great partnership, scoring for fun.

Remember one of those games in the run in, Charlton at home I think. We just blew them away. Felt like the bleak miserable previous few months suddenly lifted in the glorious spring sunshine. We were like a different side with him.

One of those coincidental things how he came to us on loan but it was an absolute match made in heaven. He and Franny Jeffers formed a great partnership, scoring for fun.

Remember one of those games in the run in, Charlton at home I think. We just blew them away. Felt like the bleak miserable previous few months suddenly lifted in the glorious spring sunshine. We were like a different side with him.
I had a season ticket that season. First half of the season was atrocious. And then Kevin Campbell came in and turned on its head.

Was it false new that it was acute kidney failure? Sorry for the anecdotal stuff, but when my collegue suffered this there was pretty much 2 or 3 weeks of just waiting to see a spark of recovery while hospital staff kept him going, his brother was standing by for a transplant but I think the issue was being strong enough for surgery and just hoping it won't be needed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back