Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

Gutted. As you get older and more cynical the idea of players being heroes sort of diminishes, well I was 13 when we signed Super Kev on loan and was still young enough to have a hero. He quickly became that. Not a thing he’s ever done or a word he ever said since, has ever changed my mind. I’m 37 now and love Kev as much as I did then. RIP big man (what’s your name)

Still hasnt sunk in. You sort of come to expect sad news of players who played in the 60s for the club. Not a player who played alongside wayne rooney. As has been said many times and being at most of the games he played my memory of him is he left nothing on the pitch. Nothing. Really led by example.
Taken far far to soon. 😔

For those of you who weren't around back then, i can't emphasise enough the difference he made in 1999.

Our goose was well and truly cooked until Super Kev arrived to save us.

I also had serious respect for him, for sticking it to the Everton board a few years ago as well.
I genuinely can’t think of another individual who has come in and had such a significant impact in such a short space of time in such an urgent situation. To that end, I think his performances that season are actually quite unique for us.

Had a poster of Kev on my folder in school when he was playing for us. Crap times to be a blue then, but Kev joined and took to the club straight away and scored vital goals. He was a top finisher. Always spoke highly of the blues and had the clubs back when others had a go at the club.

RIP Super Kev

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back