Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
kev must be rattled by someone to come out and say he's off if we dont get champions league football. Obvioulsy his agent sniffs a pay day at one of these clubs that merely make up the numbers when it comes to this comp, clubs such as Galatsary etc. I dont see the bigger hitters lining up to buy him or even hinting that theyre interested.

Exactly what I said to my pal earlier. Kev could definitely get Champions League football, I don't think its even up for debate. However, he wouldn't find it in a top tier league a.k.a Premier League, La Liga or Bundesliga.

If that's what he wants, we're better off without him.

Exactly what I said to my pal earlier. Kev could definitely get Champions League football, I don't think its even up for debate. However, he wouldn't find it in a top tier league a.k.a Premier League, La Liga or Bundesliga.

If that's what he wants, we're better off without him.

I doubt there are many clubs outside of those top tier leagues with the exception of the two big clubs in France and possibly Turkey (for tax reasons) that could offer him higher wages than us and I'd be surprised if he would want to play in either of those domestic leagues.

He can want Champions League, we all do. At the end of the day if he wants it he'll have to move to a worse league as none of the teams above us would buy him.

Then you've also got the issue that there are very few teams who consistently qualify for the Champions League. The Bundesliga is basically Dortmund and Bayern and then two teams from Bayer, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Hannover, Stuttgart, Bremen etc, no consistency. Same goes for Spain.

So he'd be moving to a worse league almost certainly, for the possibility of playing in the Champions League, with a high chance of not making it past the group stages and an almost certainty of not winning it.

Really worth the bother ?

He'd probably rather live on the Costa Del Sol than Bootle like.

Let's not forget he left a team playing regular champions league football to play for us. As @Brennan said, the domestic league he's potentially moving to will have a bearing on whether he stays or goes.

He's our only good winger. And probably the only player with that bit of magic in him at the moment. Barkley has the potential but he's a long way off, judging from his form so far.

An absolute must to keep hold of. Easily worthy of being our top/joint top earner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back