Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev must be rattled by someone to come out and say he's off if we dont get champions league football. Obvioulsy his agent sniffs a pay day at one of these clubs that merely make up the numbers when it comes to this comp, clubs such as Galatsary etc. I dont see the bigger hitters lining up to buy him or even hinting that theyre interested.

Rather than Kev going to one of the top sides we should be looking at one of the players already at a top side who seem out of favour or are available for one reason or another, to compliment Kev on the other flank.

I would love either Milner - cut price Jan deal (though I can see him staying at City) or Salah at Chelsea (doesn't get much of a look in).

Of course, its more likely we'll either sign someone from abroad, or someone not quite good enough but Roberto loves (e.g. McGeady)
Milner would be interesting as he'd fit well with Martinez's seeming preference to have a true winger on one side and a more defensive minded midfielder on the other. Being really good friends with Jags, not having to uproot his family and Barry's happiness with his move would all probably help persuade him.

However he is getting far more game time this season and City desperately need English players for the homegrown quota, think he'll sign a new deal tbh.

Journo mentioned he wants CL with everton or another club and someone turns it into hes off unless we get it. Its Lukaku all over again. Il wait n see whats happens before I reach for the bleach on his one. Think we should know by now not to believe all we read!!! Fact hes contract talk has come around again means this stories will esculate ov next few months
Move on people , nothing to see here;)

Milner would be interesting as he'd fit well with Martinez's seeming preference to have a true winger on one side and a more defensive minded midfielder on the other. Being really good friends with Jags, not having to uproot his family and Barry's happiness with his move would all probably help persuade him.

However he is getting far more game time this season and City desperately need English players for the homegrown quota, think he'll sign a new deal tbh.

From what I've seen, Milner's had a cracking season so far.

Plus, as you say, City need English players. Don't think we should expect to see him at Everton anytime soon.

He can want Champions League, we all do. At the end of the day if he wants it he'll have to move to a worse league as none of the teams above us would buy him.

Then you've also got the issue that there are very few teams who consistently qualify for the Champions League. The Bundesliga is basically Dortmund and Bayern and then two teams from Bayer, Schalke, Wolfsburg, Hannover, Stuttgart, Bremen etc, no consistency. Same goes for Spain.

So he'd be moving to a worse league almost certainly, for the possibility of playing in the Champions League, with a high chance of not making it past the group stages and an almost certainty of not winning it.

Really worth the bother ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back