Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lack of a start and regular 90 minutes has been his injuries/fitness more than anything else

I totally agree. A 100% fit and in form Kevin Mirallas would be the fulcrum of the team and worth an absolute fortune in my opinion.

He's fast, good with his feet, good with his head, is good age, Belgian, sexy, wears gloves.

Just wish we could see this every game. He was just on it.

I'm actually a little more comfortable with him coming in sometime early in the 2nd half. Sometimes when he starts he drifts in and out games, then goes out with an injury. Rarely when he's come on as a sub has he failed to make an impact. I remember when the US national team got a tired and a step slow and he tortured us.

Omg I don't even want to think of what would happen if he left us... we need to get him on a new contract.

SORT IT OUT KENWRIGHT.

Mirallas was outstanding today off the bench, but that is no reason to believe he would have been able to sustain that high of a tempo for 90 minutes if he had started.

McGeady was moronic in sliding in like that while he was already on a yellow, but he had a good game otherwise. For the first 10 minutes it looked like he was going to win it for us himself. The fact that Mirallas did so well when he came on is NOT evidence that he should always start over McGeady.

We all knew Mirallas is an immense talent when he's up for it, but there have been plenty of games where he's gone completely missing. I'm made up with the way he played today too, but one amazing performance against tired legs is not support for the claim that Martinez should have started him.

If we can give Leighton 75 grand a week then Super Kev is worth at least the same. if that's what it takes to get him to resign then give him what he wants. He's an absolute class act more often than not and would walk into most teams in the league

Well he will, McGeady's suspended.

He has got issues with is ankle - would like him to be on the bench against West Brom and come on in the second half (depending how the game is going).

As we are out of the cup, he will have a break after the West Brom game (19th Jan), as we do not play again until 31 Jan. Hopefully all the injured players will get the rest they need.

If we can give Leighton 75 grand a week then Super Kev is worth at least the same. if that's what it takes to get him to resign then give him what he wants. He's an absolute class act more often than not and would walk into most teams in the league

.....not sure when his contract is up, presume it's the Summer of 2016. If this is the case it really is squeaky bum time. He's a major asset and it might just be that he wont sign a contract regardless of what's on offer. We may already be at a point where we have to seriously consider any offers but even then a mega lucrative Bosman is not too far away for him and he might choose to stay.

What a great time to be a player in demand when your contract is up. There is a possibility that he's running his contract down. Don't get too sentimental, it's the way things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back