Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that comes with playing any winger that stays on the wing though. Coleman has finally struck up a bit of a rapport with him is all. His end product is at best disappointing. Hes not a bad squad player like but to improve we are going to need better.
That's for sure.

What you say about any wide player providing shape is only true to a point though. Mirallas gives us width going forward but never really stretches teams to the maximum and does a lot of his work inside; and he's pretty poor moving up and down the line from a defensive point of view. Obviously he's preferable to McGeady because of his goal threat.

I just think many are not appreciating the way we operate as a team with and without proper wide players in the team and focus too much (understandably, I suppose) on individual end product. They shouldn't with McGeady because he's quite obviously not one of our star players.

That's for sure.

What you say about any wide player providing shape is only true to a point though. Mirallas gives us width going forward but never really stretches teams to the maximum and does a lot of his work inside; and he's pretty poor moving up and down the line from a defensive point of view. Obviously he's preferable to McGeady because of his goal threat.

I just think many are not appreciating the way we operate as a team with and without proper wide players in the team and focus too much (understandably, I suppose) on individual end product. They shouldn't with McGeady because he's quite obviously not one of our star players.
Ive been with you in that we need two natural wingers on the pitch to move teams about and allow space through the middle as well. But its hard to make a case for that when Mcgeady makes dismal mistakes in very obvious positions like he does.

Ive been with you in that we need two natural wingers on the pitch to move teams about and allow space through the middle as well. But its hard to make a case for that when Mcgeady makes dismal mistakes in very obvious positions like he does.
I believe the issue here is really how many times he gets on the ball rather than amount of 'dismal mistakes'. The stats constantly show he doesn't lose it as often as those around him in the attacking unit. But because he's involved a lot less than Barkley or Naismith it stands out in the mind more. Quite obviously he needs to get more involved. He really needs to pick that up, because when he is involved a lot (as he was, for example, against Lille at home) he can provide the difference between good and poor service for others. Confidence is the key with that though.

I said it earlier this week, but I'll say it again. Super Kev has been the player of the season for us. Hope the rest of the fan base correctly recognize him as such. He deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back