Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well panic over. If we have an option to extend then no problem. That's a relief because we would have a hard time attracting someone of Mirallas' quality. Shame he's still feeling the ankle but it does explain why he hasn't been playing a full 90 mins.

I'd rather have the harder working McGeady in the team atm. Mirallas is great going forward but I believe we have a better shape with McGeady involved, even if he's less potent going forward than Mirallas.

I'd rather have the harder working McGeady in the team atm. Mirallas is great going forward but I believe we have a better shape with McGeady involved, even if he's less potent going forward than Mirallas.
martinez last season preferred to play one winger and on the other side Pienaar/Osman who were tasked with more of a combo midfielder/winger role.

Don't think any of Naismith/Barkley/Eto'o have consistently worked in the combo role whilst Osman/Pienaar been injured. However McGeady might given he is quite good defensively so on balance would prefer both Kev and Aiden in the team and rotate Barkley/naismith as the #10 depending on the game and form.

If we weren't so impotent in attack then teams might be more scared of us and we'd almost certainly concede less as a result.

Teams like Stoke coming to Goodison knowing they can just defend and nick a goal and we'll not trouble them, for example.

If you compare the goals and assists Mirallas has made with McGeady then there is no contrast really. Mirallas wins by a mile.

Shape and defensive solidity is what we require more. Take a look at our goals for column and then the goals conceded.

I posted those stats on your other thread I do not need to look.

Look at the stats this way:-

won 23.8%

drawn 33.3%

lost 42.85%

Looks like lost won the ballot atm.

If we weren't so impotent in attack then teams might be more scared of us and we'd almost certainly concede less as a result.

Teams like Stoke coming to Goodison knowing they can just defend and nick a goal and we'll not trouble them, for example.
We scored as many goals as top six teams and have conceded more goals than the bottom four teams.

Doesn't take a genius to work out where our priorities lie.

Stop conceding as many and one or two goals per game will give us maximum points.

Play Mirallas for an 60/70 minutes and then bring McGeady on for the last 20/30 minutes with orders to stay wide and rip the back out of the fullback that Kev has already softened up and hopefully demoralised :)

personally believe that kevin mirallas has to start over mcgeady. Agree with the idea of mcgeady coming off the bench. Look at cardiff at home last year. Changed the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back