Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother really dislikes Mirallas, views him as a typical mercenary, he has watched Everton since the early 70s. Said a while back that his persona was that of someone angling for a move.

For me, I think he is a very good player, but also erratic. I never quite know which Kev is going to turn up and it has been like that since the get go with him. Imo he has not really improved either, I remember Moyes questioning his commitment when he could do little wrong in the eyes of the fans during his first season. I enjoy watching him play, but he is far from irreplaceable. Kanchelskis, Steven, Sheedy etc where far superior.

Tend to agree, but it's indicative of a lack of respect/concern of any come back.

Would you get a Liverpool player talking up a move away from Liverpool ahead of the Derby? Can't see it. Their Captain alone wouldn't have it.
There have been quite a few stories about Sterling thinking about moving on, think once was before their game vs Man Utd. Carragher was blasting him and his agent for doing it.

Edit he did just after the derby when Liverpool were on a really bad run
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-contract-story-Why-page-left-seething.html

There have been quite a few stories about Sterling thinking about moving on, think once was before their game vs Man Utd. Carragher was blasting him and his agent for doing it.

Edit he did just after the derby when Liverpool were on a really bad run
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-contract-story-Why-page-left-seething.html

Reaffirms my point.

Carragher:
If anyone around me had put out a story like that about me during my career, never mind the day before a game, our relationship would have been over

This, regarding a newspaper headline prior to a game vs West Brom that didn't even have any direct comments from Sterling...

He's a good player, but some weeks he's a game changer and some weeks he just doesn't turn up.

Wouldn't mind him going for the right price and if we could replace him with someone as good or better.

Reaffirms my point.

Carragher:
If anyone around me had put out a story like that about me during my career, never mind the day before a game, our relationship would have been over

This, regarding a newspaper headline prior to a game vs West Brom that didn't even have any direct comments from Sterling...
Oh agree Kev is being an egotistical tit again, just pointing out that they have them as well!

Winning the Europa cup would get us CL football next season, but there are a lot of very good teams still left in the competition and won't be easily won. The CL spot has really upgraded winning the competition.
I think Mirallas has looked at the remainder of our season and has decided that it is time for him to think about moving.
He is letting be known good and early to clubs all over Europe but Spain most of all that he is ready to move. If clubs are interested they can now
start making informal enquiries with his agent and probably asking Everton as well about ball park prices.

We should remember that the day he signed for us he said that he wanted to play in Spain and he now sees this as his chance.
It is almost certain he will leave now and the fee is the only issue.
In the meantime it is important for him that he plays well as clubs will be watching him. Let's get the best out of him and then try to get the most for him.

He is no better or worse than 99% of other players. He has done well for us and if we can get a big fee for him then he will have proven to be a very good bit of business by the club...and it is business after all.

Of course, every team does. Some are just more susceptible to others and some of it comes from strong characters in the dressing room.
Don't approve of the way he is handling it but at least if he is this keen to put himself in the shop window for a move to a CL team you'd hope he knows he is going to have to regularly perform on the pitch during the next few months.

We'll need him to as well if we are to recover what we can from his season so at least our interests are aligned.

32 teams left, 9 games between us and the final. Even if our odds are okay relatively speaking, like if we're in the top 4 most likely to win it, we still don't have a great chance in absolute terms.

We have a very good chance in relative terms. No one really has a great chance in absolute terms at this stage. If we can recover last season's form, with Goodison as a possible advantage in the latter stages of the competition, I think we have as good a chance as anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back