Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
For counter attacking and finishing ability it's defo a loss. Those two both scored an assisted each other's breakaway goals at Wolfsburg. I do think Rom will be fine, mind.

I think our chances of progressing took a big knock with this news. I still make us favourites, but that news will be music to the ears of Kiev.

Disagree.

Mirallas is 'a tad' selfish in the final third. Does Lukaku very little favour.
Generally speaking he doesn't. But in Europe he's been able to give the opposition a lot to think about and that sends defenders scurrying to close him down and opens space up for Lukaku. That's the way it's looked like to me at any rate,

You could be right there lid, though it does look a bit like square pegs in round holes again to me and also lacking any real cutting edge.

----------Lukaku----------

Naismith--Barkley-----Osman

---McCarthy--Barry / Gibson-----

It's not ideal at all. Only Barkley and Lukaku would offer us anything on the counter.

Maybe as we're short in the positions behind the striker it'd be wise to play the 3 in midfield to offer more protection to the back four. If we only played 2 DMs I couldn't choose between Barry and Gibson as I think Barry's better defensively and more experienced, but Gibson could provide great out balls to set up counters and relieve pressure. We'd probably be weak as piss up top though and would have to drop one of Naismith or Osman. If only Mirallas was fit.

Generally speaking he doesn't. But in Europe he's been able to give the opposition a lot to think about and that sends defenders scurrying to close him down and opens space up for Lukaku. That's the way it's looked like to me at any rate,

Barkley'll have to step up. He got his goal at the weekend so hopefully he'll be up for it and plays like he did at Arsenal last season. He could have a field day in the space they'll leave open chasing their first goal if he really wants to.

It's not ideal at all. Only Barkley and Lukaku would offer us anything on the counter.

Maybe as we're short in the positions behind the striker it'd be wise to play the 3 in midfield to offer more protection to the back four. If we only played 2 DMs I couldn't choose between Barry and Gibson as I think Barry's better defensively and more experienced, but Gibson could provide great out balls to set up counters and relieve pressure. We'd probably be weak as piss up top though and would have to drop one of Naismith or Osman. If only Mirallas was fit.

My guess is he will play with at least 1 natural winger, be it Atsu or McGeady from the start.

Naismith is nailed on to start to occupy the left side I reckon, so probably Atsu for me as he is the fitter of the 2 and at least offers a bit of pace along with Coleman down the right.

He could do this!

------------Lukaku-----

Naismith--Barkley or Osman---Atsu

Then again he might surprise us all and bring Kone into the mix. Should be very interesting.

Injury or no injury, we have all accepted the liklihood that Mirallas will leave in the summer

I for one, may see it as a step forward as we are forced to spend on a winger, someone like Perisic, Yarmelenko or Konoplyanka are all very decent players who will improve us

You could be right there lid, though it does look a bit like square pegs in round holes again to me and also lacking any real cutting edge.

----------Lukaku----------

Naismith--Barkley-----Osman

---McCarthy--Barry / Gibson-----
Come on, man! you KNOW Naismith will never be on the left regardless of where Barkley is! He'll be in the same spots in the middle as the person playing there. Come to think of it, so will Osman..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back