Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
KM still has 18 months on his contract at the discretion of the club, I feel if Lennon continues to impress he may go to the Spurs in an exchange deal or maybe not! Its all press media speculation at the moment!

8609930637_16df024c4e_o.gif

The only other people in our squad that could do that are Rom (in a very different fashion) and Ross when he's feeling boss.

It's understandable as a coping mechanism to make it hurt less if/when he goes, but people are forgetting so easily how good Kev is.

The only other people in our squad that could do that are Rom (in a very different fashion) and Ross when he's feeling boss.

It's understandable as a coping mechanism to make it hurt less if/when he goes, but people are forgetting so easily how good Kev is.

Hes got a 1 in 4 strike rate in all comps, most strikers in the league would kill for those stats!!

Its been painful to read the way people have turned on him, it doesnt help when the Clown we have in charge seems to be joining in as well.

Hes got a 1 in 4 strike rate in all comps, most strikers in the league would kill for those stats!!

Its been painful to read the way people have turned on him, it doesnt help when the Clown we have in charge seems to be joining in as well.
He may be genuinely recovering from injury, His best game for us this season was in the FA Cup away V West Ham - He came on as sub, and showed us all what he is about he was brilliant - I still say its press speculation, my worry is Lennon as if he is jus a six game wonder and we then regret doing a swap deal!

I do agree Martinez deserves critisism for not hauling off Kone for Mirallas. The game was suited to him. After that recless tackle that should have seen a 2nd yellow he should have been pulled immediately. Instead we panicked, gave away a farcical penalty, and still kept the hapless Kone on. Mirallas has not played well recently but he could have made a difference yesterday in a game we really should have won.

Could have, would have, should have, might have......or not.

How depressing we could go from this:

Deloufeu Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

To this in the space of 2 years:

Lennon Barkley Cleverly

Lukaku

And people wonder why some fans are worried the manager could be dragging us down to midtable
forgetting the fact that deloufeu was a loan deal. Also making quite a few assumptions there: that Kev is off, Clevery is his replacement, and that we won't sign another winger. Also Rom signed here partially because of Martinez, not in spite of him.

KM still has 18 months on his contract at the discretion of the club, I feel if Lennon continues to impress he may go to the Spurs in an exchange deal or maybe not! Its all press media speculation at the moment!

.....I think Mirallas's worth is underrated. Goal scoring wide men are a rarity and we should seek top dollar. I think Lennon is fine but Mirallas has much greater market value as far as I'm concerned.

How depressing we could go from this:

Deloufeu Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

To this in the space of 2 years:

Lennon Barkley Cleverly

Lukaku

And people wonder why some fans are worried the manager could be dragging us down to midtable

Martinez was the one that introduced most of those players to the team though, Barkley became a starter and Deulofeu and Lukaku were brought in by him.

It's getting a bit ahead of ourselves to criticize Martinez for downgrading his own squad with players he hasn't even bought yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back