Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt that Mirallas is one of our better players and we are stronger with him in the team. However when he upsets team spirit and acts only for himself, he has to go. Get him fit, restrict his appearances so that he can't make a fit of himself again and sell him on for as much as we can get. I don't think he is likely to change his mind now and commit to Everton.

There is no doubt that Mirallas is one of our better players and we are stronger with him in the team. However when he upsets team spirit and acts only for himself, he has to go. Get him fit, restrict his appearances so that he can't make a fit of himself again and sell him on for as much as we can get. I don't think he is likely to change his mind now and commit to Everton.
I hate it when players make Fit's of themselves. Hate it.

https://m.facebook.com/MirallasK?refsrc=http://t.co/sbW83tNTis
Anybody able to translate what he says on the video labelled "Report of February" on his facebook page?

I scored in every competition. You play good matches. You give assists. Of course that’s fun but it’s important that it also delivers points. My first year here we were sixth, the next fifth.. this year I expected we’d end fourth or even better. We have big ambitions and every year the club progresses. I felt I did the same together with the club. This year I’ve progressed but the club hasn’t. That is frustrating but there are season that it’s not going to go as you would like. We kept the basis that made us so strong the previous seasons but I don't know what is going wrong now. We started the first 3 matches well. We had a lead each time but could never hold on to it and that hurt us a lot. We should have started the season with 3 or 4 wins but instead we ended up with 2 draws and a loss. Maybe that got into our heads. But it’s definitely not going as we would like it to go.

The worst is that I missed a penalty. To me that was difficult because I had a lot of confidence. Missing a penalty is never easy but it can happen and it will happen again. But the most difficult part was the criticism afterwards. The club, the manager and my entourage were behind me but in England I was treated as if I had committed a murder. But that’s part of football. There are worse things. Look at Malanda. There are much worse things in life and football is just a sport.

A lot of journalist talk about me leaving but I’ve never talked about that. There have been offers and interest from other clubs but that is normal. if you play well, things can always change. But I’ve never said anything and I feel good here. I respect the club. I'm still under contract and everything is going good. We will see. The club knows I want to play at a higher level. We will see if that is with Everton or a different club.

What's the point of starting him for a full game when he's not fit enough to start? The potential for re-injury is significant and that has two possible negative effects....he won't be fit enough to play again this season and/or his value goes down because he's injury prone.

Anyway, let's ignore facts and just moan about the manager.

I do agree Martinez deserves critisism for not hauling off Kone for Mirallas. The game was suited to him. After that recless tackle that should have seen a 2nd yellow he should have been pulled immediately. Instead we panicked, gave away a farcical penalty, and still kept the hapless Kone on. Mirallas has not played well recently but he could have made a difference yesterday in a game we really should have won.

I scored in every competition. You play good matches. You give assists. Of course that’s fun but it’s important that it also delivers points. My first year here we were sixth, the next fifth.. this year I expected we’d end fourth or even better. We have big ambitions and every year the club progresses. I felt I did the same together with the club. This year I’ve progressed but the club hasn’t. That is frustrating but there are season that it’s not going to go as you would like. We kept the basis that made us so strong the previous seasons but I don't know what is going wrong now. We started the first 3 matches well. We had a lead each time but could never hold on to it and that hurt us a lot. We should have started the season with 3 or 4 wins but instead we ended up with 2 draws and a loss. Maybe that got into our heads. But it’s definitely not going as we would like it to go.

The worst is that I missed a penalty. To me that was difficult because I had a lot of confidence. Missing a penalty is never easy but it can happen and it will happen again. But the most difficult part was the criticism afterwards. The club, the manager and my entourage were behind me but in England I was treated as if I had committed a murder. But that’s part of football. There are worse things. Look at Malanda. There are much worse things in life and football is just a sport.

A lot of journalist talk about me leaving but I’ve never talked about that. There have been offers and interest from other clubs but that is normal. if you play well, things can always change. But I’ve never said anything and I feel good here. I respect the club. I'm still under contract and everything is going good. We will see. The club knows I want to play at a higher level. We will see if that is with Everton or a different club.

In a bit Kevin, thanks for the injuries.

What's the point of starting him for a full game when he's not fit enough to start? The potential for re-injury is significant and that has two possible negative effects....he won't be fit enough to play again this season and/or his value goes down because he's injury prone.

Anyway, let's ignore facts and just moan about the manager.

Absolutely spot on mate, that Martinez is an absolute tool isn't he and should be fired from a cannon back to Wigan I tell thee!!!

In a bit Kevin, thanks for the injuries.

8609930637_16df024c4e_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back