Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Moomin

Martinez said it was the club's option not the player's so we don't have to get the agreement of the player, obviously.

I hope that's the case.

I've seen a few people on here say Mirallas plays for himself. But, I can honestly say when Liverpool snotted us twice, he was the only player trying for us on both occasions.

I think the penalty issue has blinded a few people.

In my view like, on his day he is tremendous.

I hope that's the case.

I've seen a few people on here say Mirallas plays for himself. But, I can honestly say when Liverpool snotted us twice, he was the only player trying for us on both occasions.

I think the penalty issue has blinded a few people.

In my view like, on his day he is tremendous.
then why is his Agent doing his best to move him to Spurs then?

Genuine question - what would the point be in that extra year then if that were the case?
I'm fairly confident that it's the clubs choice. Based on higher wages of this deal, if he had got a bad injury or is form was woeful, the option gives the club the ability to shed the player from the wage bill.

Usually a deal like that would be dependent on both parties happy with the situation. Contract is in place to protect both parties, not just the club

With him and Gerard in 2 seasons ago it was always like if one was useless the other picked up the midfield goal scoring slack. I wouldn't mind keeping him. It gives us wingers on both sides that can score on anyone.

If there is 2 years left on his contract with the option of another year I would try and keep him for another year and, provided we have a descent season ship him on next year. It probably depends on how determined he is to leave. If he messes about for the next season and disrupts the team his value will drop.
from what everyone 'knows', its 1 year left with CLUB option for another year. Meaning it should be about as straightforward as you get.

It is hard to work out what he wants. I would have bet good money on him being away by now given the stories that were coming out of the club. Maybe he is starting to realise he is not better than the club. He certainly is better than a club which finishes mid-table but maybe he has caught the Everton sickness and now has hope that this season we will challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back