Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then we won't give them the spare hamstrings.

I dont know how people can think cash + Lennon for Mirallas is a good deal.

Mirallas' goal and assist record its far better than Lennon's in a smaller period of time, so how can Lennon be a good enough replacement for him?
I want Lennon back, dont get me wrong, but not as Mirallas' replacement.

Mirallas has 21 goals in 88 appearances according to Wiki,
Lennon has 26 goals in 267 appearances for Spurs.

So yeah, such a BOSS deal swapping those two.

I don't see Mirallas leaving, I really don't. He's a talent, no question but he isn't consistent enough to warrant a £10 million plus fee.
He doesn't seem to have a fully 90 minutes in him so, start him every game when fit with instructions to work his nuts off for 60-65 minutes to soften up and tire the opposition defence and then he come off and be replaced by someone to take advantage of the work he's hopefully done.

I don't see Mirallas leaving, I really don't. He's a talent, no question but he isn't consistent enough to warrant a £10 million plus fee.
He doesn't seem to have a fully 90 minutes in him so, start him every game when fit with instructions to work his nuts off for 60-65 minutes to soften up and tire the opposition defence and then he come off and be replaced by someone to take advantage of the work he's hopefully done.
Injured most of the season - the best is yet to come not on the wing but down the middle imo!

Mirallas' goal and assist record its far better than Lennon's in a smaller period of time, so how can Lennon be a good enough replacement for him?

Mirallas is capable of doing something special, out of nowhere. Lennon is good and probably more consistent and I'd like to see him back too but he doesn't have the edge that Mirallas has, which can throw defenders. Plus as said by MartSlinger, he's a better finisher too.

I also think since RM changed his outlook after the early season hammerings last year, Kev wasn't given as much of a chance to pursue his free-roam, direct attacking role and was used more sparingly due to this and the injuries also.

If Mirallas is to be used on the wing, then it would be better to see him and Del on each wing given free-attacking roles, which would ease up some of the pressure on Coleman and Baines and let them concentrate on their defending, which should help tighten up at the back and negate any worries similar to last season's early performances.

However, (subject to Kev staying) if he was to be used more centrally, then it would be great to sign Lennon too, which would give RM far more options, to swap around, etc.

Oh yeah, and that will help us get rid of McGeady!

.....goal scoring wide players are a rarity. I want Miallas to stay but if he's clear on wanting away then we should ensure we get top dollar. The Reds paid close on £20m for Markovic (I think), such signings are benchmarks for use as a comparison.

I think Spurs will play hardball with us, basically say sell him for 7-8 million to us or we get him next summer for nothing.

Basically what some of our fans have suggested over Lennon.

Don't get me wrong if Mirallas was a bit less injury prone and was a bit more consistent I'd agree, but then if that was true he would have secured a big move before now. Sadly he often goes missing, gets injured a fair bit and doesn't seem to be 100% committed to the cause anymore.

Lennon isn't as good but he offers a higher work rate, plenty of pace and is a similar level of experience to Kevin. Also gotta say that Del and Mirallas both in the side would be a poor balance, Lennon would suit the team more even if he is not quite as good as Kev individually.

5 mil plus Lennon would leave us better covered in wide areas for virtually no money, so even if not ideal it wouldn't be bad at all.

Get shut if a decent offer comes in.
Seems alot are willing to forgo the Mirrallas of 35 games of the season because of the 3 good games he produces.
"Yeah but he got 8 goals (or whatever it is)" - He's in his prime, and he would have far more if he stopped being such a maverick and worked on his all round game.

He's not as good as people make out, granted just in my opinion, and we could get just as good in (and debate-ably already have in Deulofeu) or someone more suited to us as a club and the position he plays for the money we would get for him.

Last edited:
I think Spurs will play hardball with us, basically say sell him for 7-8 million to us or we get him next summer for nothing.

Basically what some of our fans have suggested over Lennon.

Sell him to someone else then if he wants to go, sure there'll be takers...then swerve Lennon

Seems alot are willing to forgo the Mirrallas of 35 games of the season because of the 3 good games he produces.
"Yeah but he got 8 goals (or whatever it is)" - He's in his prime, and he would have far more if he developed his game, stopped being such a maverick and worked on his all round game.

He's not as good as people make out, granted just in my opinion, and we could get just as good in (and debate-ably already have in Deulofeu) or someone more suited to us as a club and the position he plays for the money we would get for him.

I tend to agree with this..People have an over-inflated view of him because of the few performances he puts in...too few for me. Take the money as he seems to want out anyway

"Yeah but he got 8 goals (or whatever it is)" - He's in his prime, and he would have far more if he developed his game, stopped being such a maverick and worked on his all round game.

Mirallas is not a team player he's a Mirallas player
We saw the positives and negatives of that last season
If he doesn't want to stay then sell him, he's not an Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back