Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it or not, Kevin like Lukaku aided Everton's problems last season. They caused problems in the dressing rooms (from various sources) and it even showed on the pitch (penalty debacle).

When you're in trouble, your true players show themselves and unfortunately I saw a side to Mirallas that I did not like. I would much prefer to sell him off for some cash and Lennon on top.

Lukaku can't be sold, his goals alone helped Everton avoid the drop. Mirallas though is replacable and should be if we want to keep team spirit in the camp.

Like it or not, Kevin like Lukaku aided Everton's problems last season. They caused problems in the dressing rooms (from various sources) and it even showed on the pitch (penalty debacle).

When you're in trouble, your true players show themselves and unfortunately I saw a side to Mirallas that I did not like. I would much prefer to sell him off for some cash and Lennon on top.

Lukaku can't be sold, his goals alone helped Everton avoid the drop. Mirallas though is replacable and should be if we want to keep team spirit in the camp.
If we get rid of Mirallas there's a good chance we will be removing that bad influence and that will also help Rom. Although Mirallas was the one that originally convinced Rom to come so it could also go the other way.

We need to sell but if Levy is playing hardball which looks likely so I would tell Kev to forget about Spurs and choose another club. We should also forget about Lennon and move on. I would sell him to La Liga at 7m instead of Spurs. At least there we wouldn't be strengthening one of our competitors.

I would seriously look at the Konoplynka and Yarmolenko situations. Kono even if everything once wrapped only comes to around 10m or so and not a free surely that's still good business.

Last edited:
I remember seeing him busting his Belgian backside when everyone else laid down at Anfield, only a few days after one his best mates broke his leg at Stevenage.

I'm not that worried about his attitude.
I would love him to stay and sign a contract extension but I also want this to be resolved. Going into preseason with this kind of thing hanging over our heads is never good preparation.

I like my lad would be gutted if he goes. However, we have had our money's worth and he has scored some great goals over the years. The best was Stoke at home the way he just raced clear and dinked it over Begovic. The main problem is that he can't seem to get 90 minutes under his belt still after his third season with us. Age is creeping up on him and if we would get 12+ mil and replace with younger more potential calibre player then it wouldn't be as bad.

Martinez said in the end of season interview the only players who will leave are one's who don't want to be here ( or along them lines) . I think the relationship between Mirallas and Martinez is too fractured and we are only waiting for the right price to sell, he is off 100% in my opinion, as good as he may (or can ) be.

I remember seeing him busting his Belgian backside when everyone else laid down at Anfield, only a few days after one his best mates broke his leg at Stevenage.

I'm not that worried about his attitude.

is correct - he's given everything for everton - lazyness is just a myth imo. i don't think he'll be gone this summer in all honesty. maybe jan, maybe next summer.

What annoys me is that Martinez was the one who made so many mistakes last season and players like Mirallas, Distin and arguably Eto'o have taken the cop for it, don't get me wrong I'm not a big fan of player power but I also don't feel comfortable when a manager has dictatorship control over things, if the manager is a Sir Alex or Mourinho then great as they will bring success to your club, but giving so much power to a man who is still an unknown in terms of managerial ability at a top 7 club is a possible recipe for disaster if he starts peeing off half the dressing room.

What annoys me is that Martinez was the one who made so many mistakes last season and players like Mirallas, Distin and arguably Eto'o have taken the cop for it, don't get me wrong I'm not a big fan of player power but I also don't feel comfortable when a manager has dictatorship control over things, if the manager is a Sir Alex or Mourinho then great as they will bring success to your club, but giving so much power to a man who is still an unknown in terms of managerial ability at a top 7 club is a possible recipe for disaster if he starts peeing off half the dressing room.

You can only have one boss and that is the manager. He should have total control. The players play for the team and manager and any player power should be nipped in the bud quickly.

not true

To be honest Aaron it is hard to say what is true about the effect Kevin Mirallas had on the squad last season. I don't think any of us really know.

However, the penalty episode against WBA cannot be ignored and may well be the tip of a much more serious iceberg.
We all know how rare it is in football for anybody to say how they really feel. I would have expected that many would have been very unhappy with his performance and subsequent comments about broken promises.
I think it has obvious for a long time that whereas many players are playing for the club, but Mirallas was playing to get away from the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back