Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest Aaron it is hard to say what is true about the effect Kevin Mirallas had on the squad last season. I don't think any of us really know.

However, the penalty episode against WBA cannot be ignored and may well be the tip of a much more serious iceberg.
We all know how rare it is in football for anybody to say how they really feel. I would have expected that many would have been very unhappy with his performance and subsequent comments about broken promises.
I think it has obvious for a long time that whereas many players are playing for the club, but Mirallas was playing to get away from the club.
neither mirallas or lukaku done anything behind the scenes to disrupt the squad, that was more down to distin and eto'o trying to stage some sort of weird revolution.

Apart from attempting to take a penalty to win us the match he's done nothing wrong with us, and hasn't tried to undermine everton or do anything to harm everton at all.

He and martinez may have had a disagreement because of game time promised but that stayed between the two until the end of the season.

People are so eager to remember the wba incident, but then so easily forget the derby match where he was the only one trying.

He's dragged us out of so many bad situations, and thats what he was trying to do again against west brom, unfortunately for him he missed it.

end of the day all this comes down to is this

when he first signed he was told we we're going to go for champions league and try break the mould, he's given his all for us but he isnt getting any younger, and he wants to play in champions league.

Which is fair enough to him.

Nothing wrong with a player showing ambition, it's just a shame our board don't do the same.

You can only have one boss and that is the manager. He should have total control. The players play for the team and manager and any player power should be nipped in the bud quickly.

Respect is a two way street, Martinez can't expect loyalty from the players when he makes broken promises to the players, but people will rather slag the players off and go all revisionist Kopite and make out like they are average players who can easily be replaced.

Fact is van der meyde and Drenthe aside (who let's face it were loose cannons) Moyes had little issue with players in 11 years at the club. Martinez has had bust ups with 3 players in just 2 years and he had previous with the likes of Diame and one of their defenders at Wigan. Not turning this into a moyes vs martinez debate as it's tedious I certainly believe martinez struggles with dealing with certain players and it could come back to bite us in the backside.

Respect is a two way street, Martinez can't expect loyalty from the players when he makes broken promises to the players, but people will rather [Poor language removed] the players off and go all revisionist Kopite and make out like they are average players who can easily be replaced.

Fact is van der meyde and Drenthe aside (who let's face it were loose cannons) Moyes had little issue with players in 11 years at the club. Martinez has had bust ups with 3 players in just 2 years and he had previous with the likes of Diame and one of their defenders at Wigan. Not turning this into a moyes vs martinez debate as it's tedious I certainly believe martinez struggles with dealing with certain players and it could come back to bite us in the backside.

Its all dependant on the circumstances. A manager is brought in to sort tactics and style of play and would expect the players to fall in and do as they are expected. I disagree about Moyes he nearly had a revolt on his hands the season we finished 17th. I am sure that led by Stubbs they had to have clear the air talks. Rooney springs to mind also. I understand players getting moody if they are not getting a game or so but the final decision is down to the manager and players should respect that or there is no point of a manager. These are players good or bad they haven't had managerial experience and are totally unqualified. Its a recipe for disaster if the players have too much say and they should just get on with what they do best and play football.

Everything Aaron has said is spot on. Mirallas have not once kicked up a fuss behind the scenes. He genuinely loves it here and would be more than happy to stay if the Club matched his ambition.

I remember seeing him busting his Belgian backside when everyone else laid down at Anfield, only a few days after one his best mates broke his leg at Stevenage.

I'm not that worried about his attitude.
image.webp

Straight swap for me between Lennon and Mirallas. Lennon impressed during the loan spell and made more of an impact on our performances IMO.

I think I'd be more annoyed if he went Olympicos. What on earth would be the point in that!? Champions league like yes but what a poo league! And they're never gonna win it. This CL obsession bothers me somethimes. Surely playing in the best league in the world out weighs CL in some instances - especially in the case of joinging OL.

Extrapolating the 'behind the scenes' stuff doesn't merit an informed opinion on Kev... if we're happy to use unfounded rumour to paint a picture of the lad's character then I'll volunteer that a lot of things I've heard and read indicate that he's not a 'prima donna'-type character in the slightest.

I think that he's a potential match-winner who consistently shows the desire that has characterised our team in past seasons (Remember the 12/13 season when we employed him up top?.. think it was for a few games that he pulled us out the mud and it culminated in that roy of the rovers goal against Stoke?...). I think that the wba penalty was an example of him misguidedly trying to take responsibility, as pointed out above.

No matter how you try and assess his contribution, or consistency over a season, it comes down to 'maths' for me. We didn't score enough last season, and he was directly involved in 13 goals. Tell me where they will come from, whether that be from a credibly rumoured replacement, or collective contribution from our current players, if he should leave.

Respect is a two way street, Martinez can't expect loyalty from the players when he makes broken promises to the players, but people will rather [Poor language removed] the players off and go all revisionist Kopite and make out like they are average players who can easily be replaced.

Moyes wasn't liked by a lot of players

Straight swap for me between Lennon and Mirallas. Lennon impressed during the loan spell and made more of an impact on our performances IMO.

I think I'd be more annoyed if he went Olympicos. What on earth would be the point in that!? Champions league like yes but what a poo league! And they're never gonna win it. This CL obsession bothers me somethimes. Surely playing in the best league in the world out weighs CL in some instances - especially in the case of joinging OL.

That fist paragraph is so untrue

That would be us moving backwards, not forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back