Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves fan here. I was genuinely shocked to see you'd appointed Thelwell. I can only speak on the experience we had with him but unless he's drastically improved in America, he isn't fit to be a DoF or anything of the sort for a Premier League team. He was a great Academy manager in terms of improving facilities and structure etc. but on the football side of things....he's not the right man for that.

As far as what he's done for the first team, there's not much there to show for. The majority of our talented players have come from our connection to Mendes, players our manager wants and the non-Mendes players have been thanks to our scout Ben Wrigglesworth.

However, he can be credited with bringing in Barry Douglas, Ryan Bennett, John Ruddy who of course all played a massive role in our championship campaign so that is a positive note. The more negative minded people may say that was down to us quite outrageously having the likes of Diogo Jota and Ruben Neves in the Championship...

He was a lovely bloke to meet but if we're viewing the football side of things there's a reason we so easily let him go, and have since improved in every element of our club from first team to academy, now progressing in the Youth Cup further than I can remember. One of his final failings was the signing of Cutrone for near £20m, which he would not stop boasting about as if it was the deal of the century, who has just been on loan ever since.

For reference you can see the delight of the majority of our fans when it was announced he'd left.

I hope it works about better for you, but I view Everton to be above the standard of someone like Thelwell.

P.S Please get yourself ready to be linked to Stoke players every window, as Thelwell seems to have a weird obsession.

Wolves fan here. I was genuinely shocked to see you'd appointed Thelwell. I can only speak on the experience we had with him but unless he's drastically improved in America, he isn't fit to be a DoF or anything of the sort for a Premier League team. He was a great Academy manager in terms of improving facilities and structure etc. but on the football side of things....he's not the right man for that.

As far as what he's done for the first team, there's not much there to show for. The majority of our talented players have come from our connection to Mendes, players our manager wants and the non-Mendes players have been thanks to our scout Ben Wrigglesworth.

However, he can be credited with bringing in Barry Douglas, Ryan Bennett, John Ruddy who of course all played a massive role in our championship campaign so that is a positive note. The more negative minded people may say that was down to us quite outrageously having the likes of Diogo Jota and Ruben Neves in the Championship...

He was a lovely bloke to meet but if we're viewing the football side of things there's a reason we so easily let him go, and have since improved in every element of our club from first team to academy, now progressing in the Youth Cup further than I can remember. One of his final failings was the signing of Cutrone for near £20m, which he would not stop boasting about as if it was the deal of the century, who has just been on loan ever since.

For reference you can see the delight of the majority of our fans when it was announced he'd left.

I hope it works about better for you, but I view Everton to be above the standard of someone like Thelwell.

P.S Please get yourself ready to be linked to Stoke players every window, as Thelwell seems to have a weird obsession.

LOL ace.

Davek multi obviously

Brilliant classic Everton.

If they wanted to start rebuilding the academy they should have just started with binning Unsworth.... Oh wait.

Sounds like we've hit the jackpot here with this feller.

giphy.gif

Give him a chance lads ffs.

Prefer him to that Hitchen fella who had a whiff of the Steve Walsh about him.

That Ashworth / Potterball are also flavour of the month despite one half decent season where Brighton are in the dizzy heights of 10th and likely to drop below come the seasons end into the bottom half.

Hopefully him and Frankel work well together.

If he knows the requirements of English football (pace, physicality) he's an instant improvement on the bozo who he is replacing.

Give him a chance lads ffs.

Prefer him to that Hitchen fella who had a whiff of the Steve Walsh about him.

That Ashworth / Potterball are also flavour of the month despite one half decent season where Brighton are in the dizzy heights of 10th and likely to drop below come the seasons end into the bottom half.

Hopefully him and Frankel work well together.

If he knows the requirements of English football (pace, physicality) he's an instant improvement on the bozo who he is replacing.
He's another puppet that Moshiri can ignore by the sounds of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.