Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt say much bar what you'd expect and Howard didnt ask tough questions, looked more a promotional piece for preseason - but interesting none the less, take home for me he is clear to advocate "clear roles" - hopefully lessons learned, thanks for posting mate.
Staff having clear roles and responsibilities, which are respected and maintained, and an ethos that everyone works towards. It's got to be continued, gradual gains.
Indeed, what overhaul? We need 70-90 million pound players, not relegated defenders. Neymar? Jesus? Ben White? Jose Capilo Do Segregado from Brasil? And where are the young prospects from latin america? You wanna play big 500 mill stadium club, then darn it, buy the players!
This isn't going to happen though because of the finances and perhaps a legacy of recent failings. Our stature has arguably dropped under Moshiri's tenure.

As a club, we are hopefully heading back towards the days (under Moyes) of thoughtful, prudent purchases that filled part of a wider plan - buying wisely.

…I think the questions could’ve been better. I’m interested in his record of bringing new players in & how he identifies them. A top Record in the transfer market is a key requirement.

To me it's just the words have absolutely no meaning.

The has been a mess the past 12 months and all that info is in the public domain. You don't need to give minute details, just actual answers to important questions. Not these populist lines we keep being fed.

Have you got in a new head if medical? Are you doing something to try and address the first teams woeful soft tissue injury record?

You got rid of the man responsible for both the academy and U23 team. How is recruitment going? How do you want the academy to run after previous tapping up issues? Are you going to focus on local English player or look to build links abroad? How are you going to develop players through the U23s so they're coming into the first team with quality to make an impact at PL level at a young age?

Etc etc

To me it's just the words have absolutely no meaning.

The has been a mess the past 12 months and all that info is in the public domain. You don't need to give minute details, just actual answers to important questions. Not these populist lines we keep being fed.

Have you got in a new head if medical? Are you doing something to try and address the first teams woeful soft tissue injury record?

You got rid of the man responsible for both the academy and U23 team. How is recruitment going? How do you want the academy to run after previous tapping up issues? Are you going to focus on local English player or look to build links abroad? How are you going to develop players through the U23s so they're coming into the first team with quality to make an impact at PL level at a young age?

Etc etc

In the end its just Howard throwing easy balls at him to throw back.

Time wasting exercise which just annoys people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back