Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lasting 13 years in that role shows some staying power, adaptability to change and proficiency in leadership. However the yard stick of “did we win stuff during that leadership” will sour and continue to sour any leaders (on and off field) at Everton until the trophyless hoodoo is broken, and I like that. I also can’t stand HR, LinkedIn style corpspeak.

We shouldn’t stop moaning and agitating until the sum of leadership picking up a wedge demonstrates that they’re different from the past 27 years of blind alleys, occasional competence and just downright tragedy we’ve suffered.

Good luck mate.

Lasting 13 years in that role shows some staying power, adaptability to change and proficiency in leadership. However the yard stick of “did we win stuff during that leadership” will sour and continue to sour any leaders (on and off field) at Everton until the trophyless hoodoo is broken, and I like that. I also can’t stand HR, LinkedIn style corpspeak.

We shouldn’t stop moaning and agitating until the sum of leadership picking up a wedge demonstrates that they’re different from the past 27 years of blind alleys, occasional competence and just downright tragedy we’ve suffered.

Good luck mate.
Sod that. Does he wear a Gucci turtleneck?

"Having excelled at Everton for the past 12 years. I provide confident knowledgeable and driven point of leadership to support staff from a variety of disciplines in helping to drive improved perfomances on the field"

Something went wrong then.
Him, unsworth.
I think a few are being shown the door.

Nice clear out. 12 years of “improve performance” in the wrong direction.

The overhaul continues…..

A long rebuild is needed and hopefully he gets the time to do it. Can't undo the damage of the past years under Moshiri in 1 or 2 windows

A long rebuild is needed and hopefully he gets the time to do it. Can't undo the damage of the past years under Moshiri in 1 or 2 windows

….its not a matter of time, it’s a matter of responsibility.

We now know Brands had very little responsibility, Managers and Moshiri brought their own players in & Benitez even refused to talk to him on the telephone.

From a positive, I imagine Lampard is nowhere near as obnoxious and will work alongside Thelwell which only leaves us with Moshiri meddling & dealing directly with players agents. Unless Thelwell has responsibility, things might not change.

We now know Brands had very little responsibility, Managers and Moshiri brought their own players in & Benitez even refused to talk to him on the telephone.

From a positive, I imagine Lampard is nowhere near as obnoxious and will work alongside Thelwell which only leaves us with Moshiri meddling & dealing directly with players agents. Unless Thelwell has responsibility, things might not change.
Agreed Moshiri needs to let people do their jobs. Why hire them if you won't trust them?

that's my biggest concern Eggs. It doesn't really matter who the manager and DoF are if the man at the top keeps on making stupid decisions.

"Having excelled at Everton for the past 12 years. I provide confident knowledgeable and driven point of leadership to support staff from a variety of disciplines in helping to drive improved perfomances on the field"

Something went wrong then.
Him, unsworth.
I think a few are being shown the door.
The head scratcher for me is, he had 13 years in the role and were not bothering to replace him.

If we're not bothering, what was his purpose? Why did we pay him for 13 years?

10-questions-to-consider-when-choosing-new-office-space-2.webp

The head scratcher for me is, he had 13 years in the role and were not bothering to replace him.

View attachment 169136

Reflection of the club it smacks of. Im not going to crucify him as tbh i have very little idea what he did. But 13 years is a long time. And to have a description on your own linkedin page as "delivering performance on the pitch"
He also lost me when he said it was great to be working with forward thinking managers like Ronald Koeman.
Er..mate. you've just lost your audience.

View attachment 169136
It’s just another sign of how the club has been run. Simple answer Kevin has come in and said why we paying him to do that, when we have other collages within their respected roles that can do that. Streamline and cost effective.

It’s just another sign of how the club has been run. Simple answer Kevin has come in and said why we paying him to do that, when we have other collages within their respected roles that can do that. Streamline and cost effective.
The role simply isn't needed, you just need a small team of analysts, you don't then need a separate someone above them telling them what to do which is what we seemed to have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back