Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess by that I mean staying up, if we go down we ain’t painting this as a win. Got to stay up.
DOF should have a three year outlook minimum. Yes going down would be bad but if we do and our still in a better place in 3 years it is what it is. I'd prefer we didn't try that.

I’ll judge him on where we finish next season, I’m in no doubt he’s got a tough job on his hands. Maybe a few non glamorous signings are what we need, hoping he’s got a few rabbits in his hat
I wonder if he knows any American/South American gems

Hopefully its just media saying about JJK and the 3 yr contract and Thelwell bins off all the soon to be end of contract players!
Then start 1st July with new players being brought in as squads been so stale for years with all the usual dross around so a total release of said players will be a good start!

Would benefit by giving another interview, either on Everton TV, or via one of the more reputable broadsheet journalists with links to the club. Especially in the aftermath of avoiding relegation and being able to look at things from less of a crisis perspective.

The one interview he did give came across as quite templated, which is fair enough, he is a football and not a media professional, but it would be nice to get more of an idea of his thinking. It wouldn't mean much in isolation but as a senior figure at the club, it would be good to hear from him every so often. He has a part to play in the effort the club can make in communicating better with fans.

Would benefit by giving another interview, either on Everton TV, or via one of the more reputable broadsheet journalists with links to the club.

The one interview he did give can across as quite templated, which is fair enough, he is a football and not a media professional, but it would be nice to get more of an idea of his thinking. It wouldn't mean much in isolation but as a senior figure at the club, it would be good to hear from him every so often. He has a part to play in the effort the club can make in communicating better with fans.

I hope he's hard at work identifying key targets tbh mate. I think our fans need to put the knives down already and just let the fella get on with his job.

You dont see Liverpools magical DOF doing fan interviews every week he just runs the operation well.

Let's hope the same from our super kev.

I hope he's hard at work identifying key targets tbh mate. I think our fans need to put the knives down already and just let the fella get on with his job.

You dont see Liverpools magical DOF doing fan interviews every week he just runs the operation well.

Let's hope the same from our super kev.

They're a reasonably successful club of recent times so they don't need to say or do anything to reassure fans as they actually win football matches.

Unlike us.

So an idea of direction and plan would be nice.

They're a reasonably successful club of recent times so they don't need to say or do anything to reassure fans as they actually win football matches.

Unlike us.

So an idea of direction and plan would be nice.

I get your point mate it certainly wouldn't hurt going forward for the DOF/board to be more open in communication with the fans but half the time its just scripted soundbites anyway.

I would rather he be balls deep in sorting the playing squad and medical departments out first of all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back