2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we're looking for scapegoats at the moment, but when a DoF does not sign any players through an entire transfer window, i'm not looking at him, i'm looking at the boardroom.

If this club wants to save any face, they're gonna need someone from the top to come out and honestly and properly explain just how much they've [Poor language removed] up our clubs economy, since we've reached a point like this.
I'm looking at the man whose job it is to sign players when 0 players have been signed in 31 days of an open window with about 3-4 months to prepare for it. Kind of one of the key metrics for me.

He'd spend 3 hours walking around tesco and come out with F*c* all. If he did buy anything he'd not have a clue what to do with it.
A gifted bloke though to blag a job where you need to do absolutely nothing for an eye watering wage. Can't blame him though,I'd do it.....but better.
Yeah but you don't have his stellar, heavyweight record of instrumental success at Bayern, Barca and Madrid.

(sorry, I meant Preston, Derby and New York Somebodies. Damn autocorrect).

I know we're looking for scapegoats at the moment, but when a DoF does not sign any players through an entire transfer window, i'm not looking at him, i'm looking at the boardroom.

If this club wants to save any face, they're gonna need someone from the top to come out and honestly and properly explain just how much they've [Poor language removed] up our clubs economy, since we've reached a point like this.
It is the board.... but, it's also 100% Thelwell, we have been making various bids for players, that suggest monies is there. Even when we was at our worst, we still got Gray & Townsend in.... It's utter incompetence to not get any players through the door.

If he has the 40 million to spend or 5/6m for loans, he should have helped the team in some way and that is his job

It is unfair to use him/the recruitment lot as scapegoats in that sense because Bill, the ceo and owner are absolutely the ultimate issues. They make the final calls and that’s what’s wrong with this club

But Thelwell really doesn’t strike me as actually being any good
He'll be made the scapegoat, fair or not.

It is the board.... but, it's also 100% Thelwell, we have been making various bids for players, that suggest monies is there. Even when we was at our worst, we still got Gray & Townsend in.... It's utter incompetence to not get any players through the door.

If he has the 40 million to spend or 5/6m for loans, he should have helped the team in some way and that is his job

Tbh i wouldn't be surprised if the board's just pushing stories/lies about the bids. We've seen how they've used their positions the last month.

No idea what his job actually is, if hes allowed to do it, and if Brands was as well. We havent known that for most of a decade. And that wont be known until the entire board is gone, because its 99% their fault.

When you dont get enough for a player, and sign some players who you overpay for, thats the DOF's fault. When you are facing relegation and you dont buy a single player or get one of your targets in, thats the board 100%.

Thelwell might be incompetent i dont know, but for sure he cant sign anyone if the board dont want him to and have no money. I think we need to update the wheres the Arteta money gone sign to say where has the Gordon money gone. Who knows whats going on behind closed doors its an absolute fiasco...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back