2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely behind Sheedy, Dave Thomas and Morrissey.
I was only a young lad when Wilson was nearing the end of his time at Everton, but people who know far more than me rated him as World class.
No doubt Baines was a good player and servant for Everton and I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be on the list.
but Baines wasnt even an England regular. I like him but we did have a left sided World Cup winner

As bad a window as we have had under Moshiri. I don't think he's up to the job.
Still time. Could be one of the best if we address the forward situation. But, lose alli and Gordon without significantly better replacements and I agree it will be a very poor end to the window.

Back on topic can anyone explain to me how Kev and the boys have allowed us to get to the third game of the season with zero forwards? Anyone?

Every egg into one basket with calvert lewin.
I said this before a ball was kicked. I couldnt quite understand how low key this seemed to be. A club this size having not a single striker to choose.
Was bizare then. Still is now.

Still time. Could be one of the best if we address the forward situation. But, lose alli and Gordon without significantly better replacements and I agree it will be a very poor end to the window.

To go 7 weeks without a Richarlison replacement is unacceptable and wouldn't happen at any other established top flight club. I think the whole summer has been utterly shambolic and we are now left as prime relegation contenders

Baines was a good player and a great servant to the club but -

Kevin Sheedy - 2 league titles, 1 cup winners cup

Leighton Baines -
I'm not criticising Sheedy, he was great, but using his team accomplishments in a team game to claim he was better is a bit harsh
Djimi Traore has a champions league medal

Plenty of time left, early starting season, short summer, circumstances such as injured players going against us, ok it would of been better to have a forward in but we could of rushed and got the wrong person, we need to get this right, patiance is fine as long as we get it right

To go 7 weeks without a Richarlison replacement is unacceptable and wouldn't happen at any other established top flight club
Chelsea haven't got a striker to replace Lukaku and Werner gas now gone too, but I agree it is poor that we seem unable to prioritise the positions we need most urgently.

I think lack of money is playing a big part in it in this window. There are some crazy fees being thrown around for players as well. This won't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.