2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
People and when I say people, I do include myself, but people focus on his mistakes.

55m for Beto, Chermo and Maupay is criminal, now maybe in time Chermo might well be an astute signing, im not totally convinced, but its the type of signing we should be going for.

We have sold our best players and had to replace them with on the main cut price deals.

Hes not just working with 1 hand tied, his hands have been chopped off.
was heavily reported that Maupay wasnt his, was steered by old Bill and Mosh as they wanted experience.

…..not sure spending £50m on Beto, Maupay and Chermiti is ‘saving money’.

I’d argue that it’s very much Dyche who is ‘keeping us in the game’.

Why keep repeating the same false comments when so many have highlighted to you the reality ?

…apologies Zat, are we not paying circa £50m on those 3 players? I probably have the figure wrong but it wouldn’t be significantly wide of the mark.

Its pointless to keep repeating the same thing that others have made clear to you time after time.

Its like a constant attack on Thelwell...totally misguided.

…..not sure spending £50m on Beto, Maupay and Chermiti is ‘saving money’.

I’d argue that it’s very much Dyche who is ‘keeping us in the game’.

If you're aware of any other strikers in Europe who were available on "buy now, pay later" deals, then I'm all ears but it's genuinely nonsense to be posting this sort of stuff without acknowledging the context of the financial situation we are in.

Beto has been largely disappointing, granted, but there was absolute consensus last summer that we needed a new striker because of Calvert-Lewin's injury problems, and yet we had the grand sum of zero cash to be able to finance it. Frankly I think the complete opposite to you, I think the guy deserves some sort of award for managing to get a couple of strikers in for deals that fit our bleak financial structure at the time.

Chermitti is one for the future. Hasn't had loads of game time. I've liked some of what I've seen, some has been a bit raw. Very unfair to lump him in with the Beto argument.

Maupay is a complete different story. It's been posted here God knows how many times that if you believe the Bobble (and you're well within your rights not to), Thelwell was overruled on Maupay by Kenwright and Lampard who wanted PL experience, while Thelwell's preference was for Guirassy.

You keep seeming to fail to acknowledge this bit. If you don't agree, fine, but every Thewlell-bashing post seems to be along the lines of the same thing - "wasted £50m on 3 strikers" and lacks the benefit of any context at all, whereas if I read your posts on Dyche it's the polar opposite - willing to point out every little bit of extenuating circumstance he's had to deal with and going to great lengths to provide context for almost every misstep, which I'm absolutely on board with btw, but I find it mad how with practically no tangible evidence at all you're so willing to paint Thelwell as one of the great problems the club has, it's not a million miles away from the posts from @blueboy72 about Dyche

If you're aware of any other strikers in Europe who were available on "buy now, pay later" deals, then I'm all ears but it's genuinely nonsense to be posting this sort of stuff without acknowledging the context of the financial situation we are in.

Beto has been largely disappointing, granted, but there was absolute consensus last summer that we needed a new striker because of Calvert-Lewin's injury problems, and yet we had the grand sum of zero cash to be able to finance it. Frankly I think the complete opposite to you, I think the guy deserves some sort of award for managing to get a couple of strikers in for deals that fit our bleak financial structure at the time.

Chermitti is one for the future. Hasn't had loads of game time. I've liked some of what I've seen, some has been a bit raw. Very unfair to lump him in with the Beto argument.

Maupay is a complete different story. It's been posted here God knows how many times that if you believe the Bobble (and you're well within your rights not to), Thelwell was overruled on Maupay by Kenwright and Lampard who wanted PL experience, while Thelwell's preference was for Guirassy.

You keep seeming to fail to acknowledge this bit. If you don't agree, fine, but every Thewlell-bashing post seems to be along the lines of the same thing - "wasted £50m on 3 strikers" and lacks the benefit of any context at all, whereas if I read your posts on Dyche it's the polar opposite - willing to point out every little bit of extenuating circumstance he's had to deal with and going to great lengths to provide context for almost every misstep, which I'm absolutely on board with btw, but I find it mad how with practically no tangible evidence at all you're so willing to paint Thelwell as one of the great problems the club has, it's not a million miles away from the posts from @blueboy72 about Dyche
He didn’t win a game of football for 4 months he deserved criticism. Funny how some of the fan boys and that could include you, went missing of this site for weeks when that was happening, you couldn’t post quick enough once he’s won a couple of games

He didn’t win a game of football for 4 months he deserved criticism. Funny how some of the fan boys and that could include you, went missing of this site for weeks when that was happening, you couldn’t post quick enough once he’s won a couple of games

Wanting the manager of the team you support to do well is normal mate. You should give it a try.

Has a massive * next to him.

I suspect the list available for players on massive Klarna is restricted?

Others like Kudus, Gyokeres he's been unlucky with.

To be fair to him I don't think he's signed anyone we should lose money on - which is the priority and again, can restrict as you can't make gambles others perhaps can.

tbf mate, even if Beto was the only "buy now, pay later" deals on offer, does that mean you go out and buy him if he simply hasn't got the tools to do the job?

Doesn't matter if that's all that was available, this summer he becomes a very expensive mistake as he isn't worth anywhere near the amount we'll end up having to pay.

There’s wanting him to do well and being blinkered and not accepting his failings

Surely if you are asking people to accept his failings then you also need to accept his successes.

You are more ardent and blinkered in your campaign against Dyche than any of his supporters are defending him. Your counterpart equivalent would be someone saying he was as good as Guardiola, had reinvented football, and got every team line up, selection, and substitution perfectly correct. No one is saying that at all, most are saying he’s done a decent to very good job in the circumstances the club are in and he’s the right manager for the short term. You are offering nothing but pure criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back