2024/25 Kevin Thelwell

I'd use the word "managed" to describe how he's done since coming here. He has done ok in horrendous circumstances. Sell to buy and very limited ability to offer competitive terms.

He has to work under a drifting, rudderless organisation let's not forget.

It's the structures he puts in place, or not, for the academy and scouting, that will be critical to our future. I don't know enough on how things are progressing there, and what we are allowed to do.

I still see perhaps a little conservatism with regard to exploring foreign markets for players. But he's damned there either way. A signing from Asia or South America is a gamble on a tight budget.

Err we have now started paying for Beto so that’s irrelevant.

And where did it ever say we paid nothing up front for Chermiti?

Zats the only person I've seen who repeatedly quotes that about Chermiti.

Beto being a delayed payment kicked the can down the road last year, this year we felt the impact of doing so (and it cost us getting Gnoto in reality - not that I'm arsed about that but Zat really wanted him).

Deals we do which are short term excellent in terms of payment structure always have longer term consequences - not sure why certain people think not paying anything year one means the next season you start able to ignore having bought the player.

In other words, when looking at our deals this year, Beto should be added to the list as if he was a big up front payment player (like Leeds wanted for Gnoto) as that's what we had to do.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back