2024/25 Kevin Thelwell

That could all be true mate, im just on the fence with him if im honest, not writing him off i just haven't been that impressed by him, he has a trick or two in him and obvious vision, but the games have also passed him in the majority and he's struggled to impact them, i know he will be adjusting, im open minded but hes not ready to start at all yet for me.
If Dyche ditched Doucoure as a 10 and has Ndayie and Lindstrom competing for that position I'm happy.

Lindstrom definitely isn't a winger.

If Dyche ditched Doucoure as a 10 and has Ndayie and Lindstrom competing for that position I'm happy.

Im happy with the competition if I'm honest, im the Dukes biggest advocate on here, but nothing should be static, im happy there is competition now for both the Duke and DCL - both have contributed to the survival of the club - but we should always look to improve and that sometimes means moving on from players.

Its all a straight fight for a shirt - as it should be.

Lindstrom has to prove he can influence and impact in a game over a whole game to deserve a shirt - more then he has, he has talent for sure, but you need more then that. Id balance that by acknowledging the PL is a different animal and you need time to adjust. Some do, some dont.

Take someone like Bernard he was an immensely talented lad , but didn't adjust to the league to really impact.

He doesn't seem to be ready for 90min yet, but would like to see both together maybe after the national break, playing inverted wingers together with DCL or Beto upfront, midfield three of Mangala, Tim and Garner.

Not sure whether Dyche would do that.

4-3-2-1.

Another successful window for KT where he has strengthened the squad, moved on players we didn't want, got some young players out on good loans.

Still plenty to be done with the squad and team. Still positions that need strengthening but because we have no funds that will take longer.

We can see the players he would like to sign but also we an see that some deals are not possible without funds.

Begovic for Lonergan
O'Brien for Godfrey
Iroegbunam for Onana
Mangala for Gomes
Ndiaye for Dobbin
Lindstrom for Danjuma
Harrison = Harrison
Broja for Maupay

All bar 1 is younger (Ndiaye), and for roughly £50m profit?

Not bad if you ask me.

Now they just need to go out and do it.

Last edited:

Begovic for Lonergan
O'Brien for Godfrey
Iroegbunam for Onana
Mangala for Gomes
Ndiaye for Dobbin
Lindstrom for Danjuma
Harrison = Harrison
Broja for Maupay

All bar 1 is younger (Ndiaye), and for roughly £50m profit?

Not bad if you ask me.

Now they just need to go out and do it.
All Dyche has to do is put them on the pitch.

walsh wanted haaland to come here

so yes i'd rather have walsh than kopite kev thank you very much

Where’s the new right back aubergine conk?

Not sure why such an obsession with right back, when we have only one recognised left back.

Whether we like it or not, Coleman will be first choice until he stops breathing and likewise Young as backup. Patterson will return and we have a promising youngster in Dixon. That is four players who can play there, two of them who could improve - so why block their paths further by adding a fifth option.

Behind Myko we only have Young out of position as a far from satisfactory backup.

Bove, Ebimbe, Tchatchoua that'll be three of them for sure. Possibly Tesserman as well.

Bove ended up moving on a 500k loan to Fiorentina with the option to buy for 10.5 if he plays 60% of games

Our issue is, we have a DOF trying to do the right things, and a manager with a very different view. Sometimes disagreement is good, but longer term there has to be doubts Dyche is going to willingly engage with the sort of strategy the club are looking for.

I hope with a new owner (ideally some combination of Textor/TFG) we can find a European coach who will have that buy in.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back