2024/25 Kevin Thelwell

If he had money he’d be insane, we all know just how much of a basket case the club is and how bad the finances are, the fact that he’s been able to get a few somewhat decent players to sign here is incredible honestly.

This isn’t going overboard, we’ll still be bottom half, I just think it really does go unnoticed sometimes how obviously challenging things are for people like Dyche and Thelwell at the club.

17m plus Lewis Dobbin for Ndiaye and Iroegbunam

kevin.webp

If he had money he’d be insane, we all know just how much of a basket case the club is and how bad the finances are, the fact that he’s been able to get a few somewhat decent players to sign here is incredible honestly.

This isn’t going overboard, we’ll still be bottom half, I just think it really does go unnoticed sometimes how obviously challenging things are for people like Dyche and Thelwell at the club.

Can you also please temper this with other signings he's made that haven't worked out like Beto, Maupay and Danjuma.

Can you also please temper this with other signings he's made that haven't worked out like Beto, Maupay and Danjuma.
But that’s the thing, Maupay for example is someone we basically know was Lampard / Moshiri meddling. Danjuma was the same wasn’t it, but in fairness I don’t think he was a bad player just not suited.

Beto is poor though. The point I’d make is he clearly has an eye for a player with who we’ve tried and failed to sign, as well as some players that just don’t work out but had potential.

Goes back to Brands as well honestly because he was obviously better than it seems too, if they were left alone to do their job, they’ll have far more hits than misses and that’s all I’d ask for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back