Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe you're right, hb. but i'll be relieved if it's finally called off as i fear it could take us forward to the brink of oblivion.

what puzzles me is why the club has found itself in this position, after all the call-in should have come as no surprise & if the board considered a call-in would deal the proposal a fatal blow it seems a little cavalier to proceed. even the amateurs at keioc were predicting a call-in way back due to all the rules & regs being breached & i'm sure tesco have greater expertise available to them than keioc.

it just seems as though a lot of time & money has been wasted & here we are back at square one, or worse.

Why would have it come as no surprise?:unsure:

Why would have it come as no surprise?:unsure:

as i'm sure you've seen pointed out before the proposal runs contrary to the established planning regime, which is why keioc were predicting it would be called in, i presume. so if they could work this out & openly point out where the relevant issues were, i'm sure the experts employed by tesco & kmbc would have been capable of working them out &/or recognising them when pointed out by a group of amateurs.

of course, tesco seem to have a history of shooting for the moon & then accepting something less if they have to, it seems to be a tactic that ofetn works for them & may yet do so in kirkby. my concern is for everton & as regards the stadium it's really all or nothing, a scaled down option would be of no benefit to the club.

of course, tesco seem to have a history of shooting for the moon & then accepting something less if they have to, it seems to be a tactic that ofetn works for them & may yet do so in kirkby. my concern is for everton & as regards the stadium it's really all or nothing, a scaled down option would be of no benefit to the club.

Hi Dennis,

It is good business practice on Tesco's part in cases like this to ask for more than you want so that when the Government makes the descision i.e. cutting it back, the government looks good to the local constiuents, "they listened and acted on our concerns." They cut the size of the project and Tesco will end up with a bigger super'duper'market than they would of originally if they had of just made a standard planning application. Government look good, Tesco get what they want, and Everton are the unwitting pawn in it all.

Hopefully knowing that it was going to be called in we have been setting up contingencies as would also be good business practice on our part.

As the ysay BK should be running around Goodison Park yelling "Plan B, plan B!"

Stuart

Hi Dennis,

It is good business practice on Tesco's part in cases like this to ask for more than you want so that when the Government makes the descision i.e. cutting it back, the government looks good to the local constiuents, "they listened and acted on our concerns." They cut the size of the project and Tesco will end up with a bigger super'duper'market than they would of originally if they had of just made a standard planning application. Government look good, Tesco get what they want, and Everton are the unwitting pawn in it all.

Hopefully knowing that it was going to be called in we have been setting up contingencies as would also be good business practice on our part.

As the ysay BK should be running around Goodison Park yelling "Plan B, plan B!"

Stuart

indeed it seems to be an effective strategy for tesco. i'm not so sure our board's strategy has been as effective, they seem to have gambled on the tesco factor being enough to get them what they want & now it looks as though they could end up with nothing.

as i'm sure you've seen pointed out before the proposal runs contrary to the established planning regime, which is why keioc were predicting it would be called in, i presume. so if they could work this out & openly point out where the relevant issues were, i'm sure the experts employed by tesco & kmbc would have been capable of working them out &/or recognising them when pointed out by a group of amateurs.

You mean like the L1 development in the city? Which equally broke a number of the same rules. But kmbc aren't big old liverpool
Posted via Mobile Device

You mean like the L1 development in the city? Which equally broke a number of the same rules. But kmbc aren't big old liverpool
Posted via Mobile Device

no i don't, i'm not in a position to compare them. however, i do know that developments of that scale are frequently called-in, so i suspect a call-in for that development may also not have come as a surprise to the developers.

everton/tesco/kmbc may have hoped to avoid the call-in but it can't possibly have come as a surprise. why would wyness say call-in could scupper the stadium if that eventually wasn't recognised as a possibility?

For what it's worth, the prospect of a call in was referenced several times in the Planning Submission (broadly along the lines of "we know it's really big, but it's the only way the figures add up for the Stadium; and we need the Stadium so that we can have such a big development" - can you spot the circular arguement?:P).

Am guessing it was only a surprise to the only team member that didn't have a Plan B lined up. Tesco and KMBC can quite easily forge ahead with the old Development Securities Plan after Tesco's bought it out. We, however, were bound by the most one sided and longest exclusivity agreements I have ever heard of on a development this size.

Great news for the club. The last thing we needed would have been to be playing in a basic, average football ground with poor transport links.

As for people saying we can't find investment now, you're trying to tell me, the 5th best team in the English Premier League, who play in a major european city, playing in Europe on a now consistent basic, cannot find invetsment without moving into a basic, crap football ground?

no i don't, i'm not in a position to compare them. however, i do know that developments of that scale are frequently called-in, so i suspect a call-in for that development may also not have come as a surprise to the developers.

everton/tesco/kmbc may have hoped to avoid the call-in but it can't possibly have come as a surprise. why would wyness say call-in could scupper the stadium if that eventually wasn't recognised as a possibility?

I would think any development would be surprised to be called in as you wouldnt go out of your way to break rules. They obviously thought they could get away with it.........like the L1 development

I would think any development would be surprised to be called in as you wouldnt go out of your way to break rules. They obviously thought they could get away with it.........like the L1 development

i'd have thought it rather unprofessional to not be aware where & how your proposed development contravened the rules, so to be surprised by the call-in would be a sign of incompetence & i'm sure that tesco have gone through the planning loop too many times now to ever be in that situation. whatever people may think about leahy i doubt if many would describe him as unprofessional or incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back