Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now it's time for a completely random news link:

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=24202

Island businessman Albert Gubay could soon get a knock on his door from Everton football club.

The club is currently searching for a new home away from Goodison Park, and Liverpool councillors are urging it to stay in the city.

Council leader Warren Bradley has said there are a number of sites in Liverpool which could be suitable.

And among those he named are derelict sites around Edge Lane which are owned by Mr Gubay.

The suggestion could mark a softening of relations between the council and Mr Gubay, after attempts to force him to improve some of the land he owns in the city.

I love it. Could soon etc etc :lol: So speculative! If that isn't a shameless way to fill coloumn inches, I odn't know what is.

I'll say it again why the hell the 2 clubs cant come to some agreement over a groundshare is frankly beyond me

Neither club has the massive ammounts of cash for the stadiums and really its about time the boards of BOTH clubs started to realise this

Because one club has the shovel in the ground and the other club doesn't even have a site now. It would be an unequal relationship, a landlord/renter relationship rather than a true groundshare. They would have the power in that situation.

I could see your point if lfc were in the same boat. But they aren't; they had more money and the advantage one gets when the wheels of bureaucracy are well and truly greased to suit their purposes.

Because one club has the shovel in the ground and the other club doesn't even have a site now. It would be an unequal relationship, a landlord/renter relationship rather than a true groundshare. They would have the power in that situation.

I could see your point if lfc were in the same boat. But they aren't; they had more money and the advantage one gets when the wheels of bureaucracy are well and truly greased to suit their purposes.

if rs want everton in on the new stadium they only need to click their fingers & our board would be there. although there would now only be minor tweaks to their current plans, that doesn't prevent the arrangement being an equitabe one. however, i'd be very surprised if they will invite us to join them so it's a moot point anyway.

assuming kirkby doesn't proceed, i think it's a redevelopment of goodison, unless some new scheme can get off the ground. tbh though, i suspect little will happen under the current administration, it seems as though we need some rejuvenation at board-room level.

What needs to come first: the stadium plan or the fresh blood?

If you don't have a workable plan laid out, then will you attract the necessary level of quality/funding needed to bring a new energy level to the Board? We don't need a Ray Ransom or a small consortium like the folks who took over Derby County. We need a Lerner, someone with a clear sense of direction and the money to put it all into place for our club. I just don't believe we can find someone of that calibre without the ground issue sorted (at least on paper) beforehand.

If Kirkby is as dead as the Dock, then this Board need to move forward quickly on an alternative rather than sit and sulk. This isn't an environment where you can afford to mourn over your lost battles.

If the newspaper chatter is correct and the club's lawyers are drawing conclusions from Kirkby, beginning the process of finding alternatives, and challenging a certain government authority to back their words with action, then that to me will signal their readiness to move forward towards a non-Kirkby solution to the problem. That would be encouraging.

i think the calibre of person we need will be more than capable of sorting out the stadium issue & would probably prefer to have control of the issue rather than inherit a [Poor language removed]-up from the previous board (& having the privilege of paying for it!), don't forget there is money to be made from these developments & anybody coming in will want their slice of it.

used to deliver ray ransons paper when i was a kid, top bloke gave me a week and 1/2 wage as a tip each xmas(y)

has this exclusivity deal with tesco been common knowledge or has it all been top secret, cos it seems that they have our hands tied as far as looking at other options is concerned. at the end of the day its their retail development that is being looked at as opposed to our stadium, the club should now be saying that they have to look at viable alternatives as their shop could be the thing that stops us getting a new ground, seems that as soon as we consider anything else then the deal is off....hence no planB.

re-develop goodison, we'll all stand around the sides with shoehorns and ky-jelly and squeeze somethin' in there, mid-range is not good enough
REIDY WANTS A DOME !!

used to deliver ray ransons paper when i was a kid, top bloke gave me a week and 1/2 wage as a tip each xmas(y)

has this exclusivity deal with tesco been common knowledge or has it all been top secret, cos it seems that they have our hands tied as far as looking at other options is concerned. at the end of the day its their retail development that is being looked at as opposed to our stadium, the club should now be saying that they have to look at viable alternatives as their shop could be the thing that stops us getting a new ground, seems that as soon as we consider anything else then the deal is off....hence no planB.

re-develop goodison, we'll all stand around the sides with shoehorns and ky-jelly and squeeze somethin' in there, mid-range is not good enough
REIDY WANTS A DOME !!
Kel that was one of the things I didn't like about it,surely we should have been allowed to look around and if the deal offered was that good no one could match it and Bill could say with honesty this is the best we can do.

REIDY WANTS A DOME !!

hkIV?? no, ta - i'd rather stick with moyes (y)

Sir, please refrain from sarcasm.

You must be gutted, by the way. All that tapping out on your keyboard and it gets called in and binned. :lol:

You cant take my sarcasm away, i love it.

Gutted because it would have taken us forward nothing to do with my heartache

No, it would have taken us to Kirkby...if you could have squeezed on the train that is. :lol:

Oh well, all's well that ends well. (y)

maybe you're right, hb. but i'll be relieved if it's finally called off as i fear it could take us forward to the brink of oblivion.

what puzzles me is why the club has found itself in this position, after all the call-in should have come as no surprise & if the board considered a call-in would deal the proposal a fatal blow it seems a little cavalier to proceed. even the amateurs at keioc were predicting a call-in way back due to all the rules & regs being breached & i'm sure tesco have greater expertise available to them than keioc.

it just seems as though a lot of time & money has been wasted & here we are back at square one, or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back