Kirkby Move - Yes or No?

Yes or No to the move to Kirkby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we wont hear any suitable ones because its not what the club wants.

Ah right :huh: are the club keeping better options secret then?

Any chairman in charge of Everton would take up the Kirkby offer, they would be daft not to.

People objecting the move Lisa can't even come up with any suitable options. Whatever they have proposed have been laughable.

Liverpool are struggling despite having more money. How long will it be before they also rely on someone like Tesco to bail them out?

Fact of the matter is, we can't afford to purchase a stadium on our own. Staying at Goodison isn't an option, we will be left even further behind in terms of income.

I cant give suitable locations myself because im not to aware with the city. I dont think scotland road was ever suitable, it was good land and a good location but for just that whole loop thing wasnt going to work with the roads.

They havent got 1 danny, other than a small roundabout. Apparently they have a report but its classified apparently

Exactly.

If you can't give an alternative, it makes no sense to say no to the proposal? - Unless of course, you actually think its feasible to remain at Goodison Park.....

I cant give suitable locations myself because im not to aware with the city. I dont think scotland road was ever suitable, it was good land and a good location but for just that whole loop thing wasnt going to work with the roads.

But Lisa, those in opposition who are aware of the city cant even provide suitable locations - so to claim Everton are 'hiding' them is a bit silly.

Exactly.

If you can't give an alternative, it makes no sense to say no to the proposal? - Unless of course, you actually think its feasible to remain at Goodison Park.....

Which of course it isnt. I have said all along, show me an alternative to kirkby. I am still waiting

This is a strange Kirkby thread. Chico just hijacking which is expected and then two guys just agreeing with each other that it's the right thing. I thought there was supposedly no one who'd admit to being a yes voter. Seems all the no voters have disappeared this time.

Although I don't live in Liverpool, I'm having a hard time understanding why many Evertonians wouldn't like a new stadium.

Yes yes, I've heard all of the reasons why so please don't feel like you have to respond.

I'll say this though, we've had two new stadiums (one for baseball and one for gridiron football) built in our city in the past 10 years and I haven't heard one person say, "This is terrible, I like the old ballpark/stadium better."

Not one.

I think that those who are opposed for all of the reasons we've heard, once the stadium is built and they've taken in a few matches, will forget all about the many of the reasons they were opposed in the first place.

I'd also wager that in 10 years time, most (not all) will look back and wonder what the big deal was to begin with.

Just my opinion.

I don't have a problem with a new stadium nor do I believe Kirkby is the answer. I don't see why the club are willing to move into a new build when a piecemeal redevelopment of Goodison Park is more favourable.

Incidentally, I know of four sites that were passed onto the club for consideration, they were not interested in any (Gilmoss (site proposed for Tesco), Speke (near Mersey retail Park), Long Lane (400 yards from Walton Hall Park), Edge Lane next to Marconi). After the club revealed they would like to move to Kirkby, Bestway stated that Everton could use their existing site in Everton providing the council allocate an alternative site for their cash and carry store.

The club are rightly curious by the the Bestway alternative, they commissioned a proffesional services firm called PWC to see how much money it would bring in. Let's just say it was a much larger amount and it stated naming rights could be sold for 900% more in the city centre than they could be 8 miles away in Kirkby. (y)

Liverpool Council recently spoke to NWDA about accessing funds for a full feasilbity study of the land after an initial report said it is possible. The report will cost just over half a million pounds and NWDA do not want to spend that much when Everton are not entertaining requests from the council at the moment.:blink:

Last edited:
so instead of it being a case of 'dont bite the hand that feeds you' its more a case of 'bite the hand waving two fingers at you'.

the council had the chance to keep everton, they werent interested. [Poor language removed] them.

Which of course it isnt. I have said all along, show me an alternative to kirkby. I am still waiting

I wasn't the only person to offer you the chance to see the HOK report. You even said you'd possibly maybe one day think about growing the balls to go to a KEIOC meeting to see it - you haven't though.

I've got it here - let me know which pub you're in tonight and I'll bring it along. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back