Kirkby Move - Yes or No?

Yes or No to the move to Kirkby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal, I can't believe you want to live in the clubs history. The future is in just that....the future! We can not progress if we remain at Goodison. It isn't a bowl stadium, there will be atmosphere. We can't live in the past anymore, it doesn't get you anywhere. So long as we retain our identity, and that is up to us as fans to do, and remember our history nothing will ever be lost. The club is bigger than the players, manager, chairman and even Goodison. We need to do what is best for the club and safeguard it for the future.

Dylan, I can't understand why you are championing a stadium on a retail park that we will not own (we will be one of three owners along with Knowsley council and a third company - BCR Sports?, we will also lease the land of Knowsley council for a 'peppercorn rate') with major transport problems, which in all likelihood will see a ticket price hike because of the park and ride scheme the club will end up subsidising.

BCR Sports/Everton director Robert Earl said the stadium will cost Everton £150million. The club have said they are expecting £35-40million for naming rights for a stadium in Kirkby. If the naming rights have not been taken into consideration that leaves a shortfall of £115-120million, where will the club find this? How will they be able to afford the stadium loan payments, the other loan payments, keep David Moyes happy with sufficient transfer funds and make a profit?

So what is your solution. Stagnate in an archaic ground then? What is wrong with taking the club forward? Arsenal are doing a great job of paying back a massive loan and still spending money on transfers. The only way our club will survive in the next generation is to secure the future now!

So what is your solution. Stagnate in an archaic ground then? What is wrong with taking the club forward? Arsenal are doing a great job of paying back a massive loan and still spending money on transfers. The only way our club will survive in the next generation is to secure the future now!

Arsenal havent moved outside the city where they began though.

Arsenal havent moved outside the city where they began though.

Everton didn't begin in the City.

In fact, every ground we have ever played at has originally been 'out of the city'

10 minute drive from Goodison. Unbelievable that people care

Honestly, If I was at the club I'd take a serious look at the Scottie Road site. I'm sick of banging on about this but Tesco/Everton commissioned a financial broker to calculate how much money they could gain from moving to Kirkby. When the Scottie Road site was touted they again, a soon-to-be-Everton-director commissioned the same company to calculate the naming rights. If you remember Robert Earl met with Malcom Carter of Bestway to discuss the site. It transpired that naming rights alone would sell for nine hundred percent (tenfold!) more at that site than in Kirkby (incidentally the naming rights for a stadium in Kirkby were privately valued and it's less than half of the what the club's estimate of £35m.

Are you honestly comparing Kirkby Project to the Emirates Stadium?

We are not based in in London where the money men are, they have a larger world wide support, London has a much greater population than Liverpool. Emirates stadium has 150 executive boxs, Everton propose 38. That's almost four times as many!

In basic terms, we are moving away from a city that is in a renaissance period to a former landfill site near a town centre on the outskirts of Liverpool and some people are happy with it. It is actually closer to St. Helens than Liverpool.

Arsenal have built up their brand name since the 90s setting up football schools in Africa, Asia and North America, that's why they have a large following, the trophies don't hurt either.

If we sell all 38 boxes at Kirkby for the season at £50,000 per box, that brings in less than £2million per year. Arsenal bring in £3.5million every home game.

Last edited:
dont have time to fart about and engage in political maneuvering whilst the clock keeps ticking.

no one wants to leave goodison and the history the club has built there but we cant allow it to strangle the life out of the club again. as we stand we have improved, but how much more improvement can we manage in such a relic?

when i voted i had to consider the future, short term heartache for long term improvement, or a return to the days of treading water hoping not to suffer from the current.

we need to move, the loop was a red herring. a red herring!

maybe we could finance a ground on some make believe spot in the city by selling

yakubu
arteta
buying then immediately selling pienaar
lescott
yobo
jagielka
johnson
vaughan
anichebe
howard
baines

add up all that as well as the money from selling mcfadden and the cash saved by not buying fernandes, then with some naming rights, extra corporate boxes, selling goodison, a couple of years of finishing top four cash coupled with CL cash and not spending a penny on new players we just might be able to fund it.

problem with that is, we wouldnt have a side to play in our all new all singing and dancing stadium where everyone wants it.

its ok, everton will cease to exist, and there will be a huge white elephant of a stadium in the centre of the city that can be bulldozed and the land flogged to a housing developer.

hooray.

You know, it's to the point where I hope they move just to [Poor language removed] all the "don't move" people.

Then once that's done, we can all get back to the job of supporting our club.

Some of you "don't move" people are acting like the board are moving your team elsewhere. Newsflash !!! They aren't.

The NFL's Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Titans. Now THAT'S moving your team and obliterating your team's history. We're not talking 10 minutes away, we're talking 2 hours away by plane.

Danny states that the proposed site is 10 minutes from Goodison. Are you kidding me? And that has some people up in arms because they aren't "in the city?" Just a guess here but I'm thinking that Liverpool will continue to expand over time and that in 10-20 years, the new stadium will be "in the city" for all practical purposes.

Moving your NFL team 2 hours away by plane. Now that's moving. Moving your stadium 10 minutes away. That isn't. And we aren't gonna lose our history in the process anymore than Man City, Arsenal, or any of the other team who've built new grounds.

Perspective please.

I also have never understood how you move out a city when its 10minutes away from your previous stadium, its just retarded

Is it a coincidence that you have used the same phrase to describe the site that our CEO once used?

I'm in the unfortunate position of knowing much of what has gone on.

If it is a red herring:

Please explain to me why Bestway commissioned a stadium developer for an initial feasibility report on the land with their own money. Some of you will have seen the report.

Please explain why Liverpool City Council approached Steve Broomshead of NWDA with a request for funds to carry out a full feasibility report. Also please state why Mr Broomshead rejected Wyness' recent request (last week) for stadium funds only to be told to speak to Liverpool Council first. (y)

• The site is big enough and is infact larger than the footprint for Goodison Park.
  • Yes the proposed Kirkby stadium would fit in the site. Terry Leahy even confirmed this in his open letter.
  • The picture on the official site was not too scale and was very unprofessional. Emirates stadium fits on the site!
  • Grosvenor support the idea as it does not affect their retail areas.
  • St. Modwens support the area as it links their project the city centre.
  • Liverpool City council support the idea because it will keep Everton in their area.
  • Louise Ellman MP supports the idea of having Everton in her constituency (one of the poorest in the country).

The biggest problem is not the finances (there will be a queue of businesses banging on the door), if you remember SFX wanted a piece of the Kings Dock. They'd certainly be interested in a city centre 50,000+ capacity 'Everton Arena'. It's getting the club to speak openly about the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back