Kit for 24/25

it's fine, (fine as in meh, whatever, not American fine)
fine shouldnt be acceptable for the last season at goodison.

Sadly it's clear there's no real leadership at the club.

Castore- is this ok
Everton- sure, whatever.
Its a football kit what are you expecting? Theres only so much you can do with a plain blue kit and as the last few pages show what one person thinks is a classic kit another person will think is awful I don't really know what can be done about that.

The kit looks good IMO, I’m excited to see what kit they will design for the final game at Goodison. I’ve heard a lot that we will have 4 kits this year

The kit looks good IMO, I’m excited to see what kit they will design for the final game at Goodison. I’ve heard a lot that we will have 4 kits this year
Hopefully that is the case because if it’s that shirt all season that’s a complete letdown

Its a football kit what are you expecting? Theres only so much you can do with a plain blue kit and as the last few pages show what one person thinks is a classic kit another person will think is awful I don't really know what can be done about that.
I was expecting something that gave a nod to our history in Goodison.
Maybe an old crest or a variation on the modern one
Maybe something like the Dixie Dean 125 years badge from about 20 years ago.
Or the great one off anniversary kit umbro made, the Sandro one.
Maybe some commemorative dates embroidered in to the top

Dont think it's too much to expect.

Would that actually make it any better though or just be a gimmick? I love the anniversary kit but the main reason it looks good because theres no sponsor on it it wouldn't be the same if it had stake and kick written all over it and we're not exactly in a position to be turning down sponsors at the moment so that wouldn't be happening. Its hard to tell from the picture whether its got dates embroidered in it or a little stick on badge on the corner so if thats what you're talking about its a bit soon to complain because you've got no idea if its there! I hate it when they go all concepty though like Arsenal playing in maroon was just weird they can say it was a nod to history but nobody alive associated it with arsenal so it was really strange and everyone hated it.

Would that actually make it any better though or just be a gimmick? I love the anniversary kit but the main reason it looks good because theres no sponsor on it it wouldn't be the same if it had stake and kick written all over it and we're not exactly in a position to be turning down sponsors at the moment so that wouldn't be happening. Its hard to tell from the picture whether its got dates embroidered in it or a little stick on badge on the corner so if thats what you're talking about its a bit soon to complain because you've got no idea if its there! I hate it when they go all concepty though like Arsenal playing in maroon was just weird they can say it was a nod to history but nobody alive associated it with arsenal so it was really strange and everyone hated it.
hey, you asked what I was expecting.

i don't hate it. it's meh. Any other season and it'd be a nice addition to the collection but this season is special, and this was a prime opportunity to really capitalise on that. The kits should be a celebration of our time at Goodison. Bring back a classic crest for one season, mute the sponsor on the home shirt and do something like Umbro did a few years ago - or swing for the fences and use the light blue we first wore when goodison opened ala Arsenals last season at Highbury. Go all blue, wear amber socks... something that isn't just normal for a change.
pick and modernise iconic away kits for the away and third kit. You could do the same with the training gear. Christ you could create a unque training top for every game this season that relates to a specific moment in Goodisons history. I know it's just a kit but it's what everyone sees and it's something so simple to get right. Every home game next season needs to be a celebration and that can't just be left to the fans. The club should be driving this. Every game next season will be the last game at goodison for someone.

Opinion withheld until seen with shorts and socks, worn by a human, in natural light. Then tested again for the slime effect after a hosing down.

Someone has probably realised it’s a money spinner that once we reach the normal point that most clubs home kits gets get discounted, they can then launch a lightly modded version with some commemorative stuff on it. With the added benefit that the additions won’t have fallen off or melted in the wash by the last game at Goodison arrives.

I think the kit we had this past season would have been perfect for the final year at Goodison. I'm hoping we get something special at least for the final game.