Kit for 24/25

Just seen this on twitter

Attachments

• 20240706_094528.webp
    20240706_094528.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 9

So you have a moral issue with the sponsor unless the kit looks nice?
I think I understand his issue.

If it were a ceremonial kit, along the lines of Arsenal’s final season at Highbury kit, or the 125th Goodison anniversary kit Umbro made for us, then there might a compulsion to buy.

But this home kit is just a home kit. I’ll buy it for my son, but see no need to buy one myself for posterity.

I think I understand his issue.

If it were a ceremonial kit, along the lines of Arsenal’s final season at Highbury kit, or the 125th Goodison anniversary kit Umbro made for us, then there might a compulsion to buy.

But this home kit is just a home kit. I’ll buy it for my son, but see no need to buy one myself for posterity.
That isn’t what he said though if he doesn’t buy it because of the sponsor then he won’t buy it whatever it looks like because the sponsor will be on it. If he would buy it if it looked nice then the reason he doesn’t buy other kits isn’t because of the sponsor it’s because he doesn’t like them. I think for the huge majority of people you’re either the type who buys kits or you’re not and not much is going to change your mind either way like I’d never buy an Everton kit myself whereas I’ve got a mate who would buy whatever they put out and I think by and large the same applies to the whole fan base i doubt there is a massive change in the number of kits we sell year on year. A lot of Arsenal fans hated that kit my mates dad has always said he’s watched arsenal for 70 years and the last memory he has of them playing at Highbury they weren’t wearing an arsenal kit.

That isn’t what he said though if he doesn’t buy it because of the sponsor then he won’t buy it whatever it looks like because the sponsor will be on it. If he would buy it if it looked nice then the reason he doesn’t buy other kits isn’t because of the sponsor it’s because he doesn’t like them. I think for the huge majority of people you’re either the type who buys kits or you’re not and not much is going to change your mind either way like I’d never buy an Everton kit myself whereas I’ve got a mate who would buy whatever they put out and I think by and large the same applies to the whole fan base i doubt there is a massive change in the number of kits we sell year on year. A lot of Arsenal fans hated that kit my mates dad has always said he’s watched arsenal for 70 years and the last memory he has of them playing at Highbury they weren’t wearing an arsenal kit.
Well the main reason I won’t buy it is because of the hideous sponsor, so his logic tessellates with mine.

I haven’t bought any kit with Stake on and don’t intend to if it’s not a commemorative one.

Just a kit. Every season we have a pile on about a kit. No bearing on performance whatsoever. First or last season at the old lady. I imagine there'll be a souvenir kit. But that'll be wrong too no doubt. Hopefully they make an outrageous chic shirt for S01 in BMD, to keep the forums happy
Well said real true blues like me and you buy the full kit with our names on the back badges on the sleeve and captain arm bands no matter what COYB!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back