Kit for 24/25

Received my jarg new shirt today.

The Castore logo is wonky but apart from that it looks great. 😂 Here are some close-ups:

IMG-20240707-181810.jpg

IMG-20240707-181822.jpg

IMG-20240707-181838.jpg

IMG-20240707-181858.jpg

IMG-20240707-181918.jpg

IMG-20240707-181943.jpg

Is it the real deal? Highly unlikely. Maybe factory seconds, maybe just a complete knock off. I've noticed a few sellers so I'll probably order a few more and see if I can land on one that doesn't have a wonky logo.

The round neck has a nice stretch to it and the lines are all where they should be and nicely stitched.

I can't say it feels cheap or that it's any worse material than I've seen used before. Looks fine to me.

Still, for the price of two pints I definitely wouldn't feel the need to get a 'better' one than this.

Last edited:
Received my jarg new shirt today.

The Castore logo is wonky but apart from that it looks great. 😂 Here are some close-ups:

IMG-20240707-181810.jpg

IMG-20240707-181822.jpg

IMG-20240707-181838.jpg

IMG-20240707-181858.jpg

IMG-20240707-181918.jpg

IMG-20240707-181943.jpg

Is it the real deal? Highly unlikely. Maybe factory seconds, maybe just a complete knock off. I've noticed a few sellers so I'll probably order a few more and see if I can land on one that doesn't have a wonky logo.

Still, for the price of two pints I definitely wouldn't feel the need to get a 'better' one than this.
Am I right in thinking that there's basically no reason not to buy counterfeit Everton shirts, considering the club doesn't actually make any money off shirt sales because of the kit bag deal?

Except if Kitbag/whoever doesn't get the sales return they expect then how much they pay us in future will likely decrease?
Am I right in thinking that there's basically no reason not to buy counterfeit Everton shirts, considering the club doesn't actually make any money off shirt sales because of the kit bag deal?

Exactly. Plus I would never allow myself to be ripped off to the tune of 80 notes.

Except if Kitbag/whoever doesn't get the sales return they expect then how much they pay us in future will likely decrease?

Deal expires next year I think.

It remains to be seen what our new owners will do.

I think they have a decent deal with Adidas via Roma, so we might see a move to that in the future.

Is right... buying the fake stuff costs the club in the end.
Any future deal with kit provider will always depend on sales to the previous one.
I've always bought for kids, grandkids etc on-line from the club. But that's just me and I understand why others don't.

Is right... buying the fake stuff costs the club in the end.
Any future deal with kit provider will always depend on sales to the previous one.
I've always bought for kids, grandkids etc on-line from the club. But that's just me and I understand why others don't.
I get the costing the club money aspect, but its buttons in the grand scale of things.

90quid for a t-shirt is an utter scandal.

Deal expires next year I think.

It remains to be seen what our new owners will do.

I think they have a decent deal with Adidas via Roma, so we might see a move to that in the future.
I hope its the case that we get out of this kitbag/fanatics merchandising deal. I think it was first done to ensure we got a certain amount of money from sales. Got ourselves tied down on a long term deal for what was small time money because our commercial deals were made with the thinking that if it will keep the club running and keep you know who in the driving seat, that`ll do.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back