Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
... am I missing something?

We already know for a fact that our net spend has been low.. so what has Koeman said that's suddenly new information for people?

There's still weeks to go until the window closes...

There were numerous people who have claimed this window that we've invested heavily because 'net spend' is a myth in the way it is calculated.

No, really, I'm not making that up.

So all the clubs who spend well there board members are clowns for Wanting there team to compete? - Yearh ok mate

Huh?

The only owners who have spent THEIR OWN money in this league are Roman at Chelsea(CLOWN), The Arabs at City(SOVEREIGN STATE CLOWNS) and erm, thats it.

No other owner in this league has spent their own money on buying players.

Some of us called this back when Lukaku was sold.

The window is still open so let's wait and see, the acid test is tangible progress Vs just kofing the deck chairs around.

Depends on net spend or gross spend.

I can pull either of these levers depending on the circumstances.

You have to pick one or the other to be fair.

For me, it's net, because that takes into account the fact you're weakening your side. Gross spend doesn't account for Lukaku and Barkley leaving.

I didn't expect £100m net this summer, but I expected £50m+.

Huh?

The only owners who have spent THEIR OWN money in this league are Roman at Chelsea(CLOWN), The Arabs at City(SOVEREIGN STATE CLOWNS) and erm, thats it.

No other owner in this league has spent their own money on buying players.

Tell me why they are clowns? I mean I wish we had clowns like that you know clowns who spend and win you things

Some of us called this back when Lukaku was sold.

The window is still open so let's wait and see, the acid test is tangible progress Vs just kofing the deck chairs around.
I think it's Koeman doing what he's done since he arrived: firing a warning shot across the bow.

The spending has ceased. He's using the media to hand out another reminder to Moshiri that he needs to up his game.

Danger for "The Ronk" is that can get pretty irritating for an owner...especially if the onfield situation is poor.

Expect fireworks round early winter if the wheels have fallen off.

Smoke and mirrors mate, the whole thing.

He got some pretty outspoken people on board early on, fed them utter bullcrap and they and we lapped it up.

Some of them are still peddling the lies on social media, thankfully due to the work from @orly we have maintained a healthy border on GOT.

But this has nothing to do with the fans and what we believe. This has to do with Koeman signing on the promise of significant investment, which may still come, however right now Koeman is calling them out on it.

You have to pick one or the other to be fair.

For me, it's net, because that takes into account the fact you're weakening your side. Gross spend doesn't account for Lukaku and Barkley leaving.

I didn't expect £100m net this summer, but I expected £50m+.

The real answer is neither matters, the only thing that matters is building the right squad.

If we sell Barkley, McCarthy and others and then buy the 3 players Ronny wants for half that price, he wont care and it shouldnt matter, unless he has to lower his targets due to cashflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back