Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real answer is neither matters, the only thing that matters is building the right squad.

If we sell Barkley, McCarthy and others and then buy the 3 players Ronny wants for half that price, he wont care and it shouldnt matter, unless he has to lower his targets due to cashflow.

But it does matter to those who bought into Moshiri being a game-changer. If we're sell to buy, he's not that.

I'd buy that for one summer window. I'll accept Walsh didn't have time for his targets last summer etc. Fine. But not now. If we sell players, fine, but that should mean you go up the list with what money you can offer for better players, not down.

I think it's Koeman doing what he's done since he arrived: firing a warning shot across the bow.

The spending has ceased. He's using the media to hand out another reminder to Moshiri that he needs to up his game.

Danger for "The Ronk" is that can get pretty irritating for an owner...especially if the onfield situation is poor.

Expect fireworks round early winter if the wheels have fallen off.

Not if he has been lied to. Does anyone think he would have signed if we had of told him "Ronald, you will have £100mill to spend...........when we sell Lukaku"?

He was promised money and he's asking for it to be spent.

But this has nothing to do with the fans and what we believe. This has to do with Koeman signing on the promise of significant investment, which may still come, however right now Koeman is calling them out on it.

I agree mate, this is on Koeman and what he was told when offered the job, but I cant speak for him, nor do I need to, hes speaking for himself, I can only speak for me.

I think it's Koeman doing what he's done since he arrived: firing a warning shot across the bow.

The spending has ceased. He's using the media to hand out another reminder to Moshiri that he needs to up his game.

Danger for "The Ronk" is that can get pretty irritating for an owner...especially if the onfield situation is poor.

Expect fireworks round early winter if the wheels have fallen off.

November 5th by any chance ?

... am I missing something?

We already know for a fact that our net spend has been low.. so what has Koeman said that's suddenly new information for people?

There's still weeks to go until the window closes...
I am a little nonplussed by the furore as well. Anyone who can add two column of figures (purchases and sales), and then subtract one from the other, has known we've currently spent 7mio to date.
Why is this suddenly news ?

But it does matter to those who bought into Moshiri being a game-changer. If we're sell to buy, he's not that.

I'd buy that for one summer window. I'll accept Walsh didn't have time for his targets last summer etc. Fine. But not now. If we sell players, fine, but that should mean you go up the list with what money you can offer for better players, not down.

And I agree, I was 1 of the "give him time" gang and im not wetting the bed, hes still got 3 weeks left......................

But I admitted earlier on in the thread, I got this wrong, it appears, it doesnt mean hes a fraud, it just means hes a clever businessman who will still take us forward, but hes not the sugar daddy I thought.

Not if he has been lied to. Does anyone think he would have signed if we had of told him "Ronald, you will have £100mill to spend...........when we sell Lukaku"?

He was promised money and he's asking for it to be spent.

He even looked confident of keeping Lukaku, the line was `we will do all we can to keep him` think he underestimated Pogba shaking his Tuche

Ok, Roman isnt a clown, cos hes stopped "investing" in Chelsea.

But he was worth 20bn at 1 point, now hes "only" worth around 7bn, so maybe he just got a bit skint.

Bit skint lol he's a billionare it doesn't happen but either way mate he's bought them success. I mean I don't understand all this net spend kak but I know one thing - koeman come here for this project which wasn't pretend money so moshri either delivers or at some point our manager goes.

I agree mate, this is on Koeman and what he was told when offered the job, but I cant speak for him, nor do I need to, hes speaking for himself, I can only speak for me.

Agree mate, if the fans were led down the garden path then there isnt much we can do apart from still support the team, however lying to a prospective manager is a whole different ball game, esp obe who isnt afraid to speak his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back