Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
But koeman has tho. Every manager must say I want X player etc to they're chairman. Obviously if they get them is another thing

He certainly wants Sigurdsson and we're spending top top dollar for him for eg.

This is Koeman's decision. How we've funded this shouldn't matter. He's wanted us to spend whatever on that player.

Well said Ronko.

For months people on here talking us up as being a force again.

The great savior Moshiri.

Some poor souls mentioned the net spend coincidence and got shot down for being too negative.

Completely agree wth many on here, you know you're main striker is leaving for 95m. Why wasn't a replacement lined up? A decent replacement and spend some of the 95m on him!

Whole thing reeks of smoke and mirrors and ron calling the board out is superb.

We just gotta hope Moshiri keeps us in an around the top 7 until we are in the new stadium and he sells for a big profit down the line. The only way we will compete again is a sugar daddy owner which Moshiri is not.

But it's still choosing what you buy with the funds. You get an influx of funds it's how you spend it. Spurs with the Bale money, RS with the Suarez/Torres money.

And let's have it right, Lukaku is a massive loss for Koeman. Barkley on the other hand, Koeman could take or leave. So technically, he's 1 player down and brought in who he wants/can get.

Koeman's put it out there to cover his backside if it goes wrong. Next after that is the "Walsh bought them, not Koeman" if the players flop.

Our neighbours love doing that when it's not their year

Of course he is, it's in his interests to downplay expectations because we all know Koeman is ego epitomised.

But, he's still not wrong in this. Tell me, what's the difference right now, at this moment, between Everton under Moshiri and Everton under Kenwright when it comes to transfers?

Because the answer is nothing, surely?

Actually, I believe we're spending less than under Kenwright between 2014 and until Feb 2016!

He certainly wants Sigurdsson and we're spending top top dollar for him for eg.

This is Koeman's decision. How we've funded this shouldn't matter. He's wanted us to spend whatever on that player.

It is for long term stability mate. Every manager shoudnt have to sell to then bring in there own they wants lol it's going around in circles even if it makes you better for the short term

You should feel vindicated for the post below mate.

It was obvious but sadly a lot of fans feel we have so much money that we didn't need to sell. It's not the case.

It was a good move though because had we sold lukaku early before we spwnt we would have been held to ransom on transfer prices

If we did that and don't sell Barkley or McCarthy or anyone else then I might think differently

What net spend would be acceptable to you? Not having a go because I understand the frustrations at the moment and I feel it too as I think we are looking severely lacking up front.

But the transfer window also isn't over yet and i'd like to think we will bring some more players in. If for example we brought in Sigurdsson for £45m, a striker for £30m and another player for £20m (£95m), and sold Barkley for £25m. Would you not consider that as us being proactive this transfer window? No one can surely expect us to go and blow £100m given the resources we have (Moshiri's worth is less than £2bn compared to Shiekh Mansour close to £20bn).

Barkley won't sign the contract so I don't see us getting more than £25m for him.

So Dave and Ronk are of a mind then?. They do say that the characteristics you dislike in others are the things you dislike about yourself.

It was obvious but sadly a lot of fans feel we have so much money that we didn't need to sell. It's not the case.

It was a good move though because had we sold lukaku early before we spwnt we would have been held to ransom on transfer prices

We did well for it not to become public knowledge until we'd completed our own transfer business.

I hope Koeman throws a massive strop and walks cos he's a bang average manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back