Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Ronko.

For months people on here talking us up as being a force again.

The great savior Moshiri.

Some poor souls mentioned the net spend coincidence and got shot down for being too negative.

Completely agree wth many on here, you know you're main striker is leaving for 95m. Why wasn't a replacement lined up? A decent replacement and spend some of the 95m on him!

Whole thing reeks of smoke and mirrors and ron calling the board out is superb.

What we need right now is a proper, genuine in the know ! Koeman not a happy man

What net spend would be acceptable to you? Not having a go because I understand the frustrations at the moment and I feel it too as I think we are looking severely lacking up front.

But the transfer window also isn't over yet and i'd like to think we will bring some more players in. If for example we brought in Sigurdsson for £45m, a striker for £30m and another player for £20m (£95m), and sold Barkley for £25m. Would you not consider that as us being proactive this transfer window? No one can surely expect us to go and blow £100m given the resources we have (Moshiri's worth is less than £2bn compared to Shiekh Mansour close to £20bn).

Barkley won't sign the contract so I don't see us getting more than £25m for him.

Mate it's more to me that I mean if we spent say something ridiclous ( for example ) like 200 million on players I would be like wow this is good.... and we mean it etc.... But if IF we're selling to buy regardless if it's keeping the bank balance ok then it's going totally backwards. Kenwrights quote of " I told you I would get you the right man " is now well getting a bit doubtful.....

Prove me wrong mr moshri prove me wrong.

I think Koeman's cooling off from putting trust in the lads coming through is going to be as damaging to him this season as bellyaching his way through it talking about how "poorly backed" he's been.

Really don't think Koeman is arsed how old they are. He wants to move to Barcelona in the future and will play the best players he has available to win games.

It's times like this where the line between being a troll and being genuinely serious is super blurry.

That's GOT in 2017 for you I suppose..

It would please me more than anything for us to go and spent plus 100m this summer. I just knew that wasn't the case and we would be around break even as we always are. Maybe more maybe less but only slight.

Moshiri is here to make money not throw it here there and everywhere. That's why we are taking so long with the Sigurdsson deal even because we aren't prepared to just throw money away we don't have

Man, you all are deep in the conspiracy theories. I interpreted Koeman as saying "quit haggling and get Gylfi signed ffs, if you'll spend 48 million then you'll spend 50."

His only love has sprung from his only hate.

Not sure where that's from, might be 50 Shades of Grey.
I've already seen the movie when Dave and Ron finally meet.

eagles-claw.jpg

Say what you want. Koeman has said what I've been saying all along. Now who's the fool

Going to say this just the once, kindly stop insulting other posters calling them fools or any other name.

Differences of opinion are fine, insults are not !!

We've actually lost Lukaku, Deulofeu, McGeady, Kone and Cleverley. That's a lot of wage revenue.

I'm sure we're paying a bit more now but not by that much. Keane, Pickford and Rooney will be on big wages out of the newcomers.

I doubt Klaassen is playing for buttons either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back