Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don´t think Moshiri has invested in the club just to go through the motions with the old formula. What would be the point?

I'm not dismissing the other side of the summer so far. We have invested in our youth and the future so 3 years down the line that is where the benefit of all of this pays off. I just refer to the short term of us not being in a position still to compete over our heads as a result.

Yes we have invested in the squad this summer and yes, 3 months ago I would have totally wanted us to do that. The players we have brought in have been spot on, can't fault a single one, including Rooney who i believe is here for more than just footballing reasons.

That is just what I wanted to say, we haven't spent badly and in the likes of klassen and pickford alone I can see them both proving to be fantastic buys over the long term. But until we change it then we are continuing to sell to buy which is fine for mass rebuild but it doesn't progress us neither in the short term. I'm happy as a fan to give this all a year to really blend together as long as we remain competitive. Otherwise what was the point?

Of course, but isn't it OBVIOUS that Koeman is expecting a real net spend? I think it is, which is why I think it'll happen. He's just frustrated that it hasn't happened yet and if I were him I'd be mad, too. Are we making investments or not? What's the point of improving CB, CM, GK, and our attacking depth if we've still lost our best player at CF and we are still lacking a serious play maker and pace wide?

I am personally hoping his comments are in similar ilk to the schneiderlin comments in Jan where we suddenly got that deal done after he commented about it. He says we want another 3 players after Sig, hopefully the club now go out and get it done for him. If there is money to spend which apparently brought him to goodison then now the club can prove it , back him and not throw back sissoko panic buys or useless Valencia stop gaps. Go out and invest this summer because we aren't going to do the same next year, this is our one and only chance to finish the rebuild now and build on it in the future.

I don't think you quite get what net spend means?

Don't mean to insult by saying that, but you don't seem to 'get' that only spending what you receive just means you're relying on selling high and buying low to improve.

I know exactly what it means. But I do think our activities this and last season is massively skewed by the Lukaku and Stones transfers to judge and argue over net and gross.

Until we spend without having to sell, then we don't know the measure of the owner. So all we can do is judge on what is bought with what we have.

He's spent £170million and lost 1 major player in his scheme. The rest sold have been surplus.

How come the positivity of just a few weeks ago has evaporated so quickly? Is it due to the rather disappointing performances in Europe/Pre season? Or the pathetic protracted transfer 'saga' over Sigurdsson? Or something else completely?

I remember the day we announced Klaasen and Pickford - It genuinely felt like a massive turning point in the fortunes of the club. Why have things soured so much so quickly?

How come the positivity of just a few weeks ago has evaporated so quickly? Is it due to the rather disappointing performances in Europe/Pre season? Or the pathetic protracted transfer 'saga' over Sigurdsson? Or something else completely?

I remember the day we announced Klaasen and Pickford - It genuinely felt like a massive turning point in the fortunes of the club. Why have things soured so much so quickly?

Everton, that

Bipolar fans. I'm really positive and once we get those 3 signings that koeman mentioned we will be in the best position we've been in for years.

We've spent 7 million now lol didn't ya hear hence the meltdown

Signing those players didn't feel like a massive turning point for me - until we can convince players like Ross and Lukaku to stay and sign quality players that we actually need it's a bit like wait and see. I'm not expecting much this season based on who we have brought in so far.

I'd love to see us going net spend crazy as much as the next man - but the only thing worrying me right now is the striker situation. I'd be perfectly happy if we sold Barkley or McCarthy for £25m and took a chance on a Dolberg or Dembele.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back