Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Deulofeu, Robles, Besic and Funes Mori have all been a bit harshly treated if I'm honest.

While some have played none have ever really had the trust of the manager.

Martinez did buy a load of turd but Koeman seemed to give the Moyes players a bit mor a fair crack. That's just my impression.

Robles played 21 times last season - replaced with better this season. Funes Mori played 26 times last season - then he was injured. Besic is perpetually injured? We've gone over Deulofeu.

Dude it would barely be a contest.

Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barkley would destroy our defense.

Barkley's still here and Deulofeu couldn't destroy the Watford defence.

Pickford instead of Robles, Keane instead of Mori, Klaassen instead of Barry, Sandro instead of Valencia and Rooney instead of er...somebody.

I agree it wouldn't be much of a contest though. SO at least you got that right.

Robles played 21 times last season - replaced with better this season. Funes Mori played 26 times last season - then he was injured. Besic is perpetually injured? We've gone over Deulofeu.
Robles had 10 clean sheets and then was dropped because he didn't save two shots that most goal keepers wouldn't. Only come back when Stek put in a series of clown performances. It was clear in preseason before his injury he was last choice in the DM role. Funes Mori I think won over Koeman.

Robles had 10 clean sheets and then was dropped because he didn't save two shots that most goal keepers wouldn't. Only come back when Stek put in a series of clown performances. It was clear in preseason before his injury he was last choice in the DM role. Funes Mori I think won over Koeman.

lollollollollollollollol

Barkley's still here and Deulofeu couldn't destroy the Watford defence.

Pickford instead of Robles, Keane instead of Mori, Klaassen instead of Barry, Sandro instead of Valencia and Rooney instead of er...somebody.

I agree it wouldn't be much of a contest though. SO at least you got that right.
Barkley is going. 100% apparently. Deulofeu was one of our best players against Watford.

At the moment I would also have Davies in the team ahead of Klassen.

Our defense is slightly better although Baines and Jags are a year older. Our attack is significantly worse. But look that's just my opinion.

Barkley is going. 100% apparently. Deulofeu was one of our best players against Watford.

Our defense is slightly better although Baines and Jags are a year older. Our attack is significantly worse. But look that's just my opinion.

His performance had shown he is not good enough to play in PL, under two Everton managers. Not necessarily mean he is not a ok player maybe he can play better in another league.

So technically we have spent the Lukaku money and no real extra .
Ummm what happened to the War Chest stuffed with cash?

It´s exactly the same as last year. We sold Stones and reinvested the Money. Then the spending stopped. The squad was crying out for a forward but in the end all we did was borrow Valencia. This summer we´ve spent the Lukaku money, and in the end, we´ll borrow another striker.

People will argue we´ve bid 45 mil for Gylfi but have we really? Bit like us bidding for Moutinho and Alan Smith back in the day. The ol´phantom bid is a favourite trick of Kenwright´s. Easy to bid if you know it´s going to be rejected.

To actually progress we need proper net investment in the squad.

Del had the lungs of a 90 year emphysema patient; a few flicks and tricks proved nothing.

And lad, Klassan hasn't kicked a ball in PL to even make a judgement on him

Get back to FIFA and knock one off

It's beyond bizarre. I honestly don't care if we have been spending the Lukaku money in advance or not. Whatever we have been spending priority number 1 should have been a striker (and I know we have signed Sandro but that was a risk free punt). This fetish with central midfielders is getting disconcerting, I don't mean to sound like @davek , but how many do we need? In my view we don't have a single "striker" at the club. We have a number of players you could call forwards (Rooney, Sandro, Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas - DCL is probably closest but Koeman plays him as an inside forward) but not one that looks like the focal point of an attack. How Steve Walsh, Koeman et al can let this pass is a mystery to me.

Maybe you should, as you'd have arrived at this conclusion a lot sooner than now.

He cant stop buying players for the central area of the team.

He's like a builder that that starts off erecting interior walls and walks away saying that he's finished.

People will argue we´ve bid 45 mil for Gylfi but have we really? Bit like us bidding for Moutinho and Alan Smith back in the day. The ol´phantom bid is a favourite trick of Kenwright´s. Easy to bid if you know it´s going to be rejected.

Oh please, phantom bid for Sigurdsson?

Go have a lie down

His performance had shown he is not good enough to play in PL, under two Everton managers. Not necessarily mean he is not a ok player maybe he can play better in another league.
Look he's gone. The point I was making was our attack, the combination of Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu is stronger than Sandro, Rooney, and Klassen.

That difference is greater than what we make up by having Pickford and Keane in the side.

I'm not sure how anyone can disagree so let's leave it at that. We are going into the season weaker and Koeman is right to dial back expectations.

It´s exactly the same as last year. We sold Stones and reinvested the Money. Then the spending stopped. The squad was crying out for a forward but in the end all we did was loan Valencia. This summer we´ve spent the Lukaku money, and in the end, we´ll loan a striker.

To actually progress we need proper net investment in the squad.

It's not though, is it? dont remember the other clubs stating that we were close to agreeing terms for either of those players

And net spend is for kopites, an excuse for not winning the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back