Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nsno-chris and @Foot Long Hot Dog

Honest question. In poker you always play the other guy's hand.

So if you were Swansea and your best player had signed a long contract would you sell for 50m knowing it will probably cause you to get relegated?

What does 50m even buy you in today's market? 2 or 3 journeymen. Do Swansea even need to strengthen their squad?

If they were comfortably mid table last season i could see them selling but not after last year.

So if you were Swansea and your best player had signed a long contract would you sell for 50m knowing it will probably cause you to get relegated?

What does 50m even buy you in today's market? 2 or 3 journeymen. Do Swansea even need to strengthen their squad?

If they were comfortably mid table last season i could see them selling but not after last year.

He's joining us, end of discussion

Why did we sell Lukaku mate?

There's your answer love, you're welcome.

Clement sounded exacerbated by it on Sunday, they want it done. Their new Sherman owners have dug their heels in though, the fee is more about ego than anything now. It's not in their interests to drag this on, but it seems that it's going to.

If it gets done it'll be late imho.

Clement sounded exacerbated by it on Sunday, they want it done. Their new Sherman owners have dug their heels in though, the fee is more about ego than anything now. It's not in their interests to drag this on, but it seems that it's going to.
All the dilly-dallying about has exacerbated his exasperation.

I know. I think we have done well with respect to the prices we have bought and sold. Ultimately I think agents know the price of their players now and there's not a lot of wiggle room unless you can steal someone with a low release clause like we did for Gueye and Sandro or Spurs will do to us with Barkley having one year.

My problem is 1. Lukaku is impossible for us to replace and for that reason alone we will be weaker next year (no point in denying it and it's no one's fault), 2. We needed to rebuild the squad even if Lukaku stayed so net spend does matter and 3. The positions we bought weren't what I would prioritise.

Everything else is noise and people with agendas.

A replacement should have been lined up before Lukaku was sold. That was the problem. I think the overall quality of the squad has improved while getting rid of the deadwood is ongoing.

Why did we sell Lukaku mate?

There's your answer love, you're welcome.
Because he had two years left on his deal and next year would go for half of what we got so therefore losing us 40m-50m. That doesn't apply to Sigurdsson who is on a long contract.

Plus with our without Lukaku we will still finish between 10th and 7th losing us max 5m or so. Without Sigurdsson they will probably get relegated losing them 100m.

There's your answer love, your're welcome.

Because he had two years left on his deal and next year would go for half of what we got so therefore losing us 40m-50m. That doesn't apply to Sigurdsson who is on a long contract.

Plus with our without Lukaku we will still finish between 10th and 7th losing us max 5m or so. Without Sigurdsson they will probably get relegated losing them 100m.

There's your answer love, your're welcome.
Lukaku said openly that staying with us next season "wasn't an option" so the fiscal impact of his contract running down by a further year was irrelevant. He wanted to go, so he went.

Sigurdsson wants to go, and will join EFC.

Lukaku said openly that staying with us next season "wasn't an option" so the fiscal impact of his contract running down by a further year was irrelevant. He wanted to go, so he went.

Sigurdsson wants to go, and will join EFC.
Of course it still mattered. When a player is in his last year you only get one window before they can start signing pre-contracts with other teams.

Basically either make a deal now or lose him for nothing. Which is why Barkley who clearly also wants to go will probably go for 20m-30m instead of 50m-70m.

I hope you are right but Swansea hold all the cards.

Of course it still mattered. When a player is in his last year you only get one window before they can start signing pre-contracts with other teams.

Basically either make a deal now or lose him for nothing. Which is why Barkley who clearly also wants to go will probably go for 20m-30m instead of 50m-70m.

I hope you are right but Swansea hold all the cards.
What part of being here next season "not an option" for the player himself are you struggling with?

It wouldn't have mattered what the length of his contract was, he was going, he'd done with EFC.

68 posts in 2 days as a member btw, impressive debut son ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back